Pittsburg State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pittsburg State University Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pittsburg State University

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pittsburg State University.

Interview

It was an all day event. I met with faculty and chairs of many different departments. The day consisted of 4 group interviews throughout the day. Everyone in the group had at least one question to ask. They took you on a tour of the campus and interacted a lot to get a feel of how I fit in with the campus.

Student Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pittsburg State University (Pittsburg, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty relaxed interviewing environment. I was asked a couple of technical questions and the interviewer got a feel for my personality. The questions were pretty straight forward. He was mainly looking to see that I would be a competent employee. After a brief discussion about the PC I built for myself, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some components in a computer?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pittsburg State University in May 2014.

Interview

Application submission easiest through Gorillas4Hire online job site for PSU or directly email the department or hiring contact. Submit your resume, sit through interview, then called about acceptance or rejection for position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as GA's are paid through standard salary types per department.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

Finish the paperwork. Minimum 22 in the speaking part of TOFEL test for international students. (College of Technology)

Interview Questions

• All simple question. Professor want to know your experience in the related field. Easy talk.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pittsburg State University (Pittsburg, KS) in December 2013.

Interview

It is pretty straight forward. You get called into the Dean's office and you do not have to wait long before you are called in. The Interviewer was very friendly and eased all fears i had. He went straight to the point and offered me the position straight away.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pittsburg State University (Pittsburg, KS).

Interview

very smooth. They try to give an offer letter asap to tie you in.

Interview Questions

• None actually.
      why do you want to move to Pittsburg, KS?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pittsburg State University (Pittsburg, KS) in September 2012.

Interview

There was actually very little to the interviewing process. They mostly care about your qualifications, so you have to submit your undergraduate majors, GPA, three reference letters, and your GMAT score. They basically just want to know that you're responsible and have a good work ethic. They'll have a quick meeting with you just to discuss the job requirements, and compared to most job interviews this one is very informal.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. They're not into playing mind games like some interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase.