Plain Dealer Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Plain Dealer Publishing

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plain Dealer Publishing (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The interview was many years ago, but it was easy. I believe they asked the typical question: "Can you tell us when you experienced a difficult situation and how did you handle it?". The call center no longer exists because it has been outsourced.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Plain Dealer Publishing (Cleveland, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

Really went over my resume and past experience. Try to intimidate you that their the job and ad rates are very difficult to understand.
    The manager winked at me on the way out and said we are definitely calling you back and they never did. One female manager just dominated the whole interview talking about the company and how she got into management. I think she enjoyed to listening to her self.

Interview Questions

• They asked if you can understand ad rates? I answered of course I can, I've been in the industry for over twenty years. Also, went into detailed how I learn and study new rates. Its like they didnt believe me that I can handle it, and asked m this more than once.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plain Dealer Publishing (Cleveland, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was a portfolio review. The job was explained to me and I was given a sample ad to create. The interview was verbal and lasted about 2 hours.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Plain Dealer Publishing (Cleveland, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

Process consisted of 4 hour (!) interview day, meeting with several individuals / groups of individuals. Didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks, then invited back for a second interview - more of the same, another 3.5 hour process, ending with a meeting with HR where they informed me my background check was going well and they would call me the next day to schedule me for a drug screen. I never heard from them again - completely disrespectful after spending the equivalent of a DAY interviewing with them.

Interview Questions

• Do you read The Plain Dealer?   1 Answer