Plains All American Pipeline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Plains All American Pipeline

2.6

Sort:

Pipeline Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline.

Interview

It was an extremely laid back setting, which was awesome. A panel interview that included a field hand, your (potentially) direct supervisor and the district manager. Lots of joking from the start really got the nerves to subside quickly. "Just a group of pipeliners here to bullsh*t with ya" is what the district manager described the interview as.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the other candidates?   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Went through a grueling on-the-phone(2 hour) and Face-to-Face (3 hour) Interview Process. Interview process consisted of a lot of questions not pertaining to the job description.
    Included a 4 hour non-standard programming test after the interviews, which the interviewer himself agreed cannot be completed in 4 hours. totally confused me on their expectations. This programming test was non-standard, do not know how it is graded. the problem had implementation of third party tools like telerik controls which was not mentioned in the job description at all, unrealistic expectations.

Interview Questions

• 4 hour programming test....   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline.

Interview

After applying online, got a call from HR after several weeks. Once I was called, a phone interview took place, and two days later an in person interview was scheduled for the following week. Received offer exactly a week after in person interview. Very conversational interview. Felt like they already knew you were qualified but wanted some specific details on your background and to gauge your personality to see if you would mesh with the culture. A very positive experience.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, the offer was generous and above my target.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I had gone through an phone interview with a recruiter. It took two weeks for a recruiter to reach out to me regarding my application. I had a phone interview and was told that I would receive feedback within a week. Unfortunately, I received an email from the recruiter that stated, I was not selected for the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Lets go over your resume and if I have any questions, I'll stop you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and received a phone screening from the hiring manager after 2 weeks. Then got called in for an in-person interview the following week. HR sent an email with interview with hiring manager and his manager. When I arrived there, he informed me that the PMO Director also wants to interview you (this was not discussed at any point before I came to the in-person interview). The interview with the hiring manager and his manager went really well. The PMO Director was not well - she was unprofessional, kept asking questions about how 'social' I am and how I would 'assert' myself. There were generic questions she asked but did not understand why she needed to interview me for an Analyst position when my interaction (would have been) minimal with her. At the end, she says that this was an 'initial screening interview' and that we may call you in for a 'group/panel interview' to 'test your skills.' So after wasting 3 hours of my time and squeezing in an ad-hoc interview with you, I should further waste my time to do another interview! At that point, it was pretty clear this PMO Director was out of sync with her direct reports and staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a type-A personality and how you asserted yourself? (Not word-for-word)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

One on one interview at campus recruiting and then it took a long time to hear back from them, maybe a month or two and I got a call back for a corp visit. Main advice, they probably already know you are competent in whatever field you are in, just be sure to be approachable and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know of the industry   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline.

Interview

Applied online through university website and got contacted about an interview a couple of weeks later.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Treated very well. I flew in the night before. Breakfast was provided. Three interviewers and a presentation. Each interview lasted 30-45 minutes and were with potential supervisors. Overall an enjoyable experience and good to see the office

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

One hour with a would-be colleague, one hour with the manager, then a brief chat with HR. Colleague interview was very friendly, manager interview was more formal but I think that's really more about their personalities than anything else.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a senior executive who drops in on a meeting, gets into the weeds, and chastises junior-level employees?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX).

Interview

Briefly met with most of the people I would be working with and had longer interview with my supervisor. Focus was mainly on my prior industry experience and how I would fit in with the current employees. Most of the discussions were general, there were no tests or anything like that.

Interview Questions

• Mainly focused on my industry experience and comfort with my areas of responsibility   Answer Question