Plains All American Pipeline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Plains All American Pipeline Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.5

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline.

Interview

Received a phone call for a phone interview about a month after applying to a job posting. The interview seemed to go very well. I was asked about my background and was told more about the position. I was told I was going to be contacted for a follow up interview the next week. I was even sent a thank you email and the promise to reach out as soon the hiring managers had responded. After two weeks I sent a follow up email only to receive a response two week after that how I was not a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain your day to day process/job duties? What software do you have experience with?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline in March 2017.

Interview

It was an 1 1/2 interview. I was a little nervous, but the people there was very nice. They did an excellent job in making the interview process comfortable. They asked questions related to the job. They were serious about finding the right person for the position and I felt like I was the right person for the job. So, I did my best to answer the questions honestly.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you communicate with a field person if something needs to be done immediately?
      2. Where do you see yourself in 20 years?   1 Answer

Pipeline Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline.

Interview

It was an extremely laid back setting, which was awesome. A panel interview that included a field hand, your (potentially) direct supervisor and the district manager. Lots of joking from the start really got the nerves to subside quickly. "Just a group of pipeliners here to bullsh*t with ya" is what the district manager described the interview as.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the other candidates?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I had gone through an phone interview with a recruiter. It took two weeks for a recruiter to reach out to me regarding my application. I had a phone interview and was told that I would receive feedback within a week. Unfortunately, I received an email from the recruiter that stated, I was not selected for the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Lets go over your resume and if I have any questions, I'll stop you.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Normal interview process. Applied online and heard back in about a month. Set up interview through my schools online resources. There were two interviewers with one asking most of the questions.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Treated very well. I flew in the night before. Breakfast was provided. Three interviewers and a presentation. Each interview lasted 30-45 minutes and were with potential supervisors. Overall an enjoyable experience and good to see the office

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX).

Interview

Briefly met with most of the people I would be working with and had longer interview with my supervisor. Focus was mainly on my prior industry experience and how I would fit in with the current employees. Most of the discussions were general, there were no tests or anything like that.

Interview Questions

• Mainly focused on my industry experience and comfort with my areas of responsibility   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Went through a grueling on-the-phone(2 hour) and Face-to-Face (3 hour) Interview Process. Interview process consisted of a lot of questions not pertaining to the job description.
    Included a 4 hour non-standard programming test after the interviews, which the interviewer himself agreed cannot be completed in 4 hours. totally confused me on their expectations. This programming test was non-standard, do not know how it is graded. the problem had implementation of third party tools like telerik controls which was not mentioned in the job description at all, unrealistic expectations.

Interview Questions

• 4 hour programming test....   1 Answer

Finance Interns Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process is your typical on campus interview process. To apply, you must submit your resume online. The HR department selects candidates to interview from the submitted resumes. The interview is a behavioral interview and asks you various questions about how you have reacted to certain scenarios in your lifetime. Be prepared and know as much as possible about the actual company because this is the first thing that they ask.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a person not pulling their weight or who were negative, and how did you deal with that particular person in the situation? How did the situation turn out?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline.

Interview

After applying online, got a call from HR after several weeks. Once I was called, a phone interview took place, and two days later an in person interview was scheduled for the following week. Received offer exactly a week after in person interview. Very conversational interview. Felt like they already knew you were qualified but wanted some specific details on your background and to gauge your personality to see if you would mesh with the culture. A very positive experience.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, the offer was generous and above my target.