Planet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Planet Interview Questions

Interviews at Planet

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Planet.

Interview

Was the most unprofessional interview experience I have had to date. The first phone interview was more than an hour late, and I let that slide. The second phone interview was more than 24 hours late and didn't get any acknowledgment about the missed interview for several hours. Overall a very negative experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Lightweights and timewasters. They're using the hiring process like a PR stunt. I've looked up the actual developers and they're mediocre quality. Don't be surprised if you get denied and linked to their blog/twitter without a real explanation. They're not out to find top tier talent or skill, just trying to hang on to the B and C players to entrench their current paychecks. Move on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planet (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had brief chat with multiple recruiters since I applied to a few roles. They made me talk to each team individually with separate coding chats.

The big issue was, I passed the first interview. So they gave me a lengthy take home project to work on. WITH NO CONTEXT OR WARNING, they sent me a generic rejection email 3 days into the project. No one followed up. No one told me why. No one ever saw my code! Really unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is MVC and how is it represented on the front-end?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Technical Phone Screen followed by a take home challenge.
    Then a 4 round onsite interview.

Finally rejected saying I lacked qualifications mentioned in the job posting. The "required" qualification was nowhere in the job description and they knew I did not have that as they had my resume but still wasted a lot of my time and effort in a false process consisting of 6+ rounds spread over several weeks.

Overall a very frustrating, time consuming and negative experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planet.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter, then a hiring manager soon after. Discussed projects + Python background. I was told I would be asked to complete a project in Python, but didn't hear back until nearly a week after it was expected (had to call recruiter). After submitting the project I received no feedback, and after following up was informed they hired someone else. Overall very uneven investment of time expected, lack of communication.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Planet.

Interview

I spoke with the person I would report to on the phone , then went in and spoke with some peers and internal stakeholders on site. I then had a final step of meeting with one of the founders. About a week later they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Several folks asked situational questions - how would you handle this, what if. One person asked how I had approached a particular problem in the past.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone conversations with a recruiter where she asked about my reasons for applying for the job as well as what type of salary I would be looking for. I was told they would show my resume to a technical manager and have a phone conversation with that person but subsequently I received an e-mail telling me that I was no longer under consideration for the position.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planet (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was approached by their recruiter and had a few pleasant phone calls with her, followed by a 30 min call with the person I would be reporting to. They sent me a coding challenge which I completed and submitted, then went through a 4-hour onsite interview with various stakeholders. It seemed to go well and I felt pretty good about it. I was told that there was one other candidate they were interviewing and that I would hear something soon. I then got a generic rejection email from the hiring manager. All that is fine, but then I see the same opening posted online, which makes me wonder what is going on? I felt a bit used or something.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planet.

Interview

Very disheartening process. I was told that they had decided to move to the next round after my application. I was asked to pick a date for the interview. I chose a date in the same week. I never received a confirmation and upon mailing on the chosen date, I was told they had decided to move ahead with candidates that were ahead in the process.
    What feels unnecessary is the entire fiasco of notifying me about moving forward, asking to pick an interview date and then saying they've chosen someone else.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planet (Tempe, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online but didn't hear back for a long time. I happened to meet a few Planeteers at the NewSpace conference. After I interacted with them in-person, things moved forward really quickly. I got an email from the People Team right after the conference and then things started moving forward. There was an initial phone screening which was more of a 'getting-to-know-me' kind of an interview. Two weeks after that I scheduled the telephonic technical interview. Exactly after 2 weeks I was notified about their decision.

The technical interview was with the Mosaic Team and was based on the experiences listed in my resume for the most part. After getting the email regarding their decision, I asked for feedback about the interview as it was my first ever technical interview. My interviewer promptly got back with some really useful feedback. Overall it was a very good experience and I'll most certainly apply again when a job that fits my skills becomes available.

Interview Questions

• Why Planet Labs?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with Python?   Answer Question
    • Please talk about your image processing experience. How did you do the atmospheric haze correction? (Both were based on my resume)   Answer Question