Plano ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plano ISD (Plano, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed on Google Hangouts due to living in another town. Interviewed with two assistant principals and the department head. After interviewing, I received an offer within an hour. Accepted right away and have loved this place since!

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plano ISD in June 2016.

Interview

A panel interviews you to be entered into a counselor pool. After the panel reviews your interview answers, they make a decision to either accept or deny you into the counselor pool. If you are accepted into the counselor pool, your application is forwarded to principals when a counselor position opens. The principal then contacts you if he/she is interested in interviewing you for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a classroom lesson you taught. What was the topic, and how do you think the lesson went?   Answer Question
    • How would you implement ASCA national standards in your counseling program?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you noticed a bruise/handprint on a student's arm?   Answer Question

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Plano ISD (Plano, TX).

Interview

Applied on line. Lots of phone calls from numerous schools before positions were filled. Existing employees settle into positions as they open over the summer. Easy face-to-face after that.

Interview Questions

• I actually applied for a different job. They asked me if I would consider teaching. Otherwise, I do not recall any questions. It was a done deal. Over qualified for the position.
      O. Would I agree to get certified?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Like the job, you take what they give you. I was given 3 years' job credit for 24 years experience for a specialty, hard-to-fill, license required job. Pay was well below my profession but I took it for other reasons.

School Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Plano ISD.

Interview

you need to apply online. they call you for the interview. it is almost 30 minutes. you need to have driver's license, resume and driving record if you want to have complete documents on the day of interview. then will call your references. you will have a call that you have been offered this position with this rate, do you accept or not. then you go for fingerprint and background check.

Interview Questions

• they asked about the experience with driving and working with children. If I have received any ticket.   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Plano ISD (Plano, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with the SpEd dept supervisor as well as the asst principal and principal. It was very laid back. We met for 30-45 minutes. They went over typical interview questions. They described the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• How would your current principal describe you?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plano ISD (Plano, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

You apply online. Then a recruiter will call you in to let you know about various campus openings. Your name will then be placed on the list of prospects. A principal will call you into her school for an interview. Panel Interview about varies scenarious you will encounter and how you would handle the situation. What is your learning focus for each child.

Teacher Interview

Interview

I was a student teacher before I was hired, so I had already been observed by the administration. I applied though official channels, but my students and my mentor teacher had put in recommendations o hire me and that helped, a lot. I was a hands on dedicated student teacher and put in a lot of effort in building lasting relationships with my peers.

I prepared for the interview with some questions of my own, had feedback and an idea of both pros and cons of the job going in. I also had a reason for why they should pick me above everyone else; which was a question they did ask.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you? I was a minority candidate and I felt I represented the minority I would serve in a positive manner which would benefit the employes positively. I feel this did help to get me hired.   Answer Question

High School Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plano ISD (Plano, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Principal, Assistant Principal, Math Department Heads in the room. They took turns asking questions and answering my questions. It was in the principals office and professional but relaxed. They called quickly with an offer.

Assistant Principal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Plano ISD in March 2012.

Interview

Made it through phase 1 - initial screening from online application and resume.
    Phase 2 - panel interview, 45-60 minutes. Interview by 8 current princpals and the director.
    Phase 3 - panel interview, 45-60 minutes, Interviewed by 8 directors.

Interview phases lasted 1.5 years. Phase one, 6 months later phase 2, 11 months later phase 3, 2 weeks later job offer given.

Interview Questions

• What is the most impactful strategy to get parent involvement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was very happy to get the offer. It is a very compeitive position.

Summer Tech Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plano ISD (Plano, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Basically was hired when I applied. No formal interview. In a group setting, we were asked to fill out a few forms and they told us how to complete our background checks.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your current level of education? What are your career goals?   Answer Question