Playboy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Playboy Interview Questions

2.5

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Playboy (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was two phone interviews , each about 40 minutes long by two different people . The questions were very direct and the interviewer took his time while asking them

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Playboy.

Interview

two interviews, both on the phone. First one had a lot more questions, was definitely difficult. The second one, conducted by a different person, was more about personality. Everything was fairly quick, not a lot of time wasted. Scheduling the interviews was easy.

Interview Questions

• What's the last piece of journalism you thought was sucessful   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Playboy (Beverly Hills, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Emailed associate art director, got an email back, sent my portfolio, and got an interview. I had the interview with one of the designers and I showed him my entire portfolio. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, it was very straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to learn here at Playboy?
      When do you start and finish school?
      What are some areas of design you are interested in?
      1 Answer

Developer Interview

Interview

JSFiddle session over the phone as well as some general questions about javascript. I was asked to create a simple html layout and to make a function to alter it. Pretty easy.

Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Playboy (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview followed by a second phone call with the Head of Tech which consisted of a screen share utilizing jsFiddle. Was given brief notes and asked to code a simple 2 column responsive layout, adhering to specific dimensions and styling.

Interview Questions

• Elaborate on quirks of box-model margin and padding   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Playboy.

Interview

Interview process included phone interview, sample content assessment, and in person interview. The entire process took about 1 month. Everyone was very kind and accommodating leading up to and during the interview process, and the office seemed to have a very family like culture. Biggest complaint is that I never received a response, even after multiple attempts to contact from my end.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel would be your biggest challenge in working here?   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Playboy (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

An interviewed was scheduled for Santa Monica, CA office. Was cancelled 3 times the morning of the interview, 2 times about 1.5 hours before the actual interview when I was in commute. 4th time it was pushed back 4 hours, 30 min before I showed up.
    Finally when I interviewed I was told by interviewer straight to my face that unless I knew someone here or I can directly benefit him in any was shape or form, dreaming about the position was the closest I would ever get to the position

Interview Questions

• Who do you know that can help me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer only to resign few couple of months later.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Playboy (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

The VP of Production at the time took me to a very nice lunch. He explained the goals of production over the next year and how he saw me contributing. He laid out a specific plan for the next several months. Then he asked what challenges, from my experience, that I saw could be issues while filming. We spoke for nearly 2 hours. Afterwards, he began a preliminary negotiation of rates. Overall decent experience.

Vice President - Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Playboy (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

They talked, I listened, and tried to furrow my brows and look interested. Mostly, I was thinking about something blue. Something bluuuuuue. But they moved on eventually and talked about key strategy. Mostly, as I have with all my jobs, I wasn't qualified, and they assumed I was. The key to all interviews is believing you belong there even when you don't. Entitlement goes a long way in this business!

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Playboy (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I initially did a personality screening with an HR staffer and was then put in touch with a technical contact who asked me lots of specific work-related questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me very specific CSS formatting questions. It was like a pop quiz on div positioning and quirky browser behavior that I was not prepared for.   1 Answer