Point Park University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Point Park University

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Two interviews; one with manager and assistant manager, second with others in the department. Pretty standard interview, really. Answered questions about prior experience. I did feel like some of the office culture at Point Park was exaggerated in a positive direction, but I don't know that I expect employers to announce all their short comings in an interview.

Interview Questions

• At one point I was asked "if I could be anybody, who would I be?"   Answer Question

Staff Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Point Park University (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The initial outreach will take ages. Ages, I tell you.

From being on the inside I can tell you that a lot of applicants are disqualified right off the bat because they either want too much money or don't have the right (unspecified) qualifications.

There are a lot of applicants, period. A lot of internal applicants as well. It takes a lot of time to sort through everything but no one here really jumps on anything.

As far as benefits go they're okay, but don't expect to move up here.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have an angry student/parent/professor yelling at you about something you simply cannot fix?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They already had a salary picked out - there was negotiating it, or my benefits package, or anything.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Point Park University (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2008.

Interview

Interview team - panel of different people from different departments, levels of experience and expertise. Five weeks and four step interview process. Phone interview - then panel interview, then interview with Dean and Vice President, then President of University. Culture of interview team was different than culture of University. Culture of interview panel was positive and priority was wanting to hire the best candidate for the students.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a student that had unrealistic expectations? How would you communicate with the public and local community?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate - no negotiation. Salary offered $10,000 below regional averages, and not based on experience of candidates.

Graduate Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Point Park University (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a very quick response. There was no phone interview. Was brought in for an on campus interview and it was typical and more so a conversation. No one showed me the office space. The office assistant did not introduce herself when I came back to the office after my interview and filling out background check paperwork.