Point72 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Point72 Interview Questions

Interviews at Point72

2021 Point72 Academy Summer Interview

Interview

You will be asked two questions. You should prepare your answer by writing down your response. It is acceptable to read from a prepared document while verbally recording your answer

Interview Questions

• Company A sells paper coffee cups to all Caribou Coffee locations in the US. Company B sells dinner plates to Applebee’s in the US. Company A charges $1 for a pack of 100 cups and Company B charges $3 for 1 dinner plate. Tell us exactly what information you would need to determine whether Company A or Company B has higher annual revenue and explain how you would calculate these two figures.

What is one industry you think will be gone in 15 years? Answer the question using the following guidelines:
      Identify at least one company in this industry and explain why their business will not succeed over time
      How will consumers of this product/service evolve
      How will the competitive landscape evolve and in what time frame
      What, if anything, could the industry do to prevent becoming obsolete?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point72.

Interview

You start with an online application and then are sent 2 questions to answer in an online interview. You will know the questions beforehand and can prepare answers. It will be helpful to write down and rehearse your answers before hand.

Interview Questions

• What is an industry that you believe will not exist in 10 years?   Answer Question

Academy Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Point72.

Interview

The first round was a hirevue with two questions. One simple calculation and another one is more about your thinking process. I did not get to the second round so I'm not sure what it is about.

Academy Summit Interview

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and after doing an assessment and a hirevue, then was invited to interview with HR. Asked a mix of behavioral and technicals and wants to see you opinion in investing and if you have relevant experience

Interview Questions

• Which is bigger - US annual mattress sale or diaper sale?   Answer Question

IB Analyst Interview

Interview

I experienced my first HireView and competency exam from this process so it was very new for me. It was a good learning experience though. The exam was a lot more difficult than I had expected as well, but, again, it was my first ever.

Intern Interview

Interview

First a resume review is carried out. Then an email is sent to do a hirevue within 72 hours, and then a correlation one test is administered. Process takes about two weeks

Intern Interview

Interview

Initial background check and aptitude test after online application. The test was very accounting heavy. Was then followed by a hireview interview. Hireview section had three questions, around 5 minutes given to answer all three questions.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

waste of time. glad they didn't call me because I got internship at much better company . They only consider referrals no wonder why this company is not a high level company. Don't waste your time. apply for high tech companies.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through their website and contacted by the HR after a week. Totally two phone interviews. The technical questions I was asked about related to programming, algorithms and probability. Both interviewers are friendly .

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Point72 in June 2020.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. They sent off my resume to company then the company emailed back a hackerrank test with 60 min to complete within the next few days. No details on what was on the hackerrank exam unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• 4 questions like determining if circles concentric, simple SQL ordering/join, more challenging question to convert date timestamps into annual quarter format. Difficult because time constraint of 1 hour.   Answer Question