Cover image for Point72

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Point72 Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 333 of over 333 interviews

Recruiter15%
Campus Recruiting9%
HardAverageEasy

Point72

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Point72

Interview

Summer analyst position on the MI Team. The entire Process last about 2 month. Consist a total of 4 rounds… The interviewers were super nice… Overall great experience. I also accepted the offer immediately

Interview Questions
  • Regular behaviors, financial markets, interests…
    Answer Question

Point72

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Point72

Interview

Basic interview, covered a lot of previous experience and competencies. Performed well but was interviewed by someone less experienced than me which felt a little weird. Not selected to move further

Interview Questions
  • Tell me more about a software package you worked with at a previous job

What people are saying about Point72

Join the conversation on

Finance

140K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Point72~1032703
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Point72? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Point72 employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Point72

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Point72

Interview

very fast moving, excellent process, about 4-6 rounds in total with one case study, process was complete within 3 weeks. met team members and PM. really enjoyed the process. bla bla bla bla

Interview Questions
  • your background and why you want to work there why leave current job etc.

Point72

Application

I interviewed at Point72

Interview

5 rounds of interviews, first is a question list. long process, hard; very intellectual challenging. the final round is very picky, interviewers are from the academy with experience as a L/S analyst or PM. Good experience overall

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Point72

Application

I interviewed at Point72

Interview

1 PM from NY. Mainly go through the CV. 2 Projects. There are three projects in 3 hours. Regular data analysis. Like a numerical method to solve equations, regression, and classification. 3 TBD...

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Point72

Application

I interviewed at Point72

Interview

Interviewed w the entire team- very intensive multi stage interviews with both behavioral and technical questions. Be ready to have answers to in depth valuation techniques for many different products

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Point72

Application

I interviewed at Point72

Interview

Two phone interviews (roughly 1 hour each) that follow the same process: Intro of yourself & research-related questions; technical questions on regression, statistics and machine learning; case study; questions for Point72

Interview Questions
  • How does coefficient change moving from univariate regression to multivariate regression?

Point72

Application

I interviewed at Point72

Interview

A 30min first-round interview after the online coding assessment. I was told to be asked questions about statistics/machine learning but a team member asks some logistic questions: 1. Do you know what our company is doing? 2. What's your understanding of business?

Point72

Application

I interviewed at Point72

Interview

applied from the company's website. first round is 60 minutes online assessment (sql and python questions) , and following with 2 rounds of 30 min interview with team members (non technical basically)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Point72

Application

I interviewed at Point72

Interview

Coding interview including some SQL questions and some programming challenge questions - had an hour and half to complete once the test started and week to complete after the initial email

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 333 Interviews

Point72 Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Point72 as 49.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.00 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Analyst and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Summer Analyst and Data Scientist roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Point72 takes an average of 26 days when considering 284 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Data Scientist had the quickest hiring process (on average 18 days), whereas Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 43 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Point72 according to 284 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 29.73%