Point72 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Point72 Interview Questions

Interviews at Point72

Sort:

Computer Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Point72 in March 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview -- typical tech interview, seeking to assess technical knowledge in various areas. However, they also required a technical assignment be completed in c# programming language. This took somewhat more time that expected.
    The recruiter feedback indicated that the interviewer felt I had done well but wanted me to agree more with his ideas rather than discuss alternative approaches.

Interview Questions

• Create a "shopping cart" application in c#   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Point72 (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Resume was submitted by external recruiter. A few teams asked to set up a 1 hour phone screen. The phone screen started off with an informal description of the team and job and also of my background. Then 20 minutes in, we started on technical questions. They started off mostly about Python and Pandas.

Interview Questions

• How do you differentiate between an experienced and an in-experienced programmer?   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Point72.

Interview

The HR department is terrible, will not mention names but it's just not worth going through the process

Obvious reasons

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Point72.

Interview

Met with HR and several Hiring Managers. Mostly personality questions but also asked questions about the market and trivial questions to get an idea on how you think and where your interests are. Asked standard questions such as how you work with people and what your strengths and weaknesses are. Interviewers are interested that you are knowledgeable about the company and probe into why you feel the job you are interviewing for is a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? How have you overcome these in previous jobs and in academics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Great company, with a good culture. Invite employees and prospective employees to ask questions and encourage cross training throughout the company. Movement throughout the company is encouraged.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Point72 (Stamford, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

Many many rounds of interviews, had to go to stamford 3 times. Eventually received offer but salary was low and disliked the dept so rejected it.

low salary

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point72 (Stamford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

three phone interviews with HR, two phone interviews with team I was applying for. Overall process was three weeks. I was offered the job a week after the last interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Point72 (Stamford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Three steps in the interview process:

1. Coding test through HackerRank (all MC) and personality test to make sure you're not a criminal
    2. Skype interview with a random person on the technology team
    3. Three back-to-back Skype interviews with three members of the team you want to join (either IT or development)

Each stage had about a week in between before hearing back.

Interview Questions

• mostly stuff on my past experience (some of the interviewers went through my entire resume, so know everything on there really well). Also quite a bit of OOP concepts, know how to explain those very well. 3-4 brain teasers thrown in the entire interview process -- but all of these were very basic and they're just there to make sure you're not a potato.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Received an email to complete a fit test and math test within 72 hours. The tests were pretty straightforward but I am really disappointed I did not get an offer.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point72.

Interview

Had to do a hirevue recorded interview. I applied and heard back within a few days. They asked me to complete a hirevue and gave me the question to prepare an answer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Point72.

Interview

the process largely depends on PM and groups. My friend was asked to solve a data analysis problem, but for me, they mainly asked about my previous experience. Generally, they want to find fit people.