Point72 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Point72 Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2017

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Point72.

Interview

first round was resume screen
    Second round was a wonderlink assessment, pretty easy basic 30 questions 7-8 min
    third was a video interview, 2 questions.
    got cut here it took overall around 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do the intersection of markets and research excite you?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point72.

Interview

I applied online at July and received email invitations about Wonderlic Test and personality fit test and video interview. The Wonderlic and personality fit test are easy. There are 30 minutes to complete the wonderlic test and there are no time limits for personality fit test.

Interview Questions

• 30 minutes Wonderlic and fit test.   1 Answer

Aperio Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point72.

Interview

Depending on which group that interviewed with. If you interviewed with modeling group, it would require some statistical knowledge and derivation. This role, similar to many financial institution role, heavily requires your CART knowledge. It would be higher pay but depending on your interest it may not involve other techniques.

Interview Questions

• betting strategy
      to win a coin toss, how would you bet?   1 Answer
    • make sure you know every single detail with regression, difference between x regress against y and vice versa, overfitting caused by what, overfitting solution, correlation, statistical testing   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Point72 (Stamford, CT).

Interview

First had a phone interview and discussed experience. Than i was called in to meet with all memebers of the team i would be working with, I had to sit with HR before moving forward.

Interview Questions

• There were sql questions. I had to discuss testing approach and previous work experience.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point72 in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through the campus career site and received the digital interview in two or three days. The digital interview questions were given 3-10 minutes to prepare and one more chance to try again.

Financial Analyst Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point72 (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied via website, asked to complete a 30 question Wonderlic test in 8 minutes (basic logic questions). Then completed a one question HireRight video interview. Had 10 minutes to prepare a 3 minute response, with one retry allowed.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite publicly traded stock and why? Mention industry, revenue drivers, business model, and key risks.   3 Answers

Equity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Point72.

Interview

Very long and rigorous process that involved the well known model and IQ tests, as well as a take-home case study. Also had 5 or 6 meetings with the PM and various analysts. While painful and exhausting, the overall experience is positive and everyone I met was friendly and willing to share.

Interview Questions

• Why hedge fund? Why Point72? What's your strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Cademy Financial Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point72 in July 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Received an email with a hirevue invitation (to be completed within 6 days) and a wonderlic test (to be completed within 3 days). Heard back 1 week after submitting the hirevue.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite publicly traded stock and why? Mention industry, revenue drivers, business model, and key risks.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point72 (New York, NY).

Interview

After a quick email correspondence, HR sends over the link for a coding test at HackerRank. Do allow yourself an undisturbed 1-hour, because I ran out of time and never gets to the next round.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions about location and fit   1 Answer

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point72 (Stamford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn. Had one phone screen interview with the hiring manager and than the on-site interview at the Stamford, CT location. I would put this as one of the worst company I have ever interviewed for in last 4 years!