PointRoll Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PointRoll Interview Questions

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PointRoll (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 round interview that will either be over in 5 - 10 minutes or go on for many hours, technical screening by multiple employees including direct reporting managers, you must write C# code while screensharing to a large monitor/tv, soft-skills screening by multiple employees including direct reporting managers, must be able to draw out solutions to OOP questions on the whiteboard

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PointRoll (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Three interview types. Hard skills discussion of technologies used - be prepared to explain what you've done. Softskills discussion of team/culture/strengths/weakness - be prepared to give examples. Manager discussion.

Interview Questions

• explain the biggest failure I've had   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PointRoll (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a few days for a phone interview. The phone interview was short with a few basic interview questions. A couple days later I went for an in-person interview which lasted about 30 minutes. I was then given a quick tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral interview questions. ex. Describe a time when you made a mistake...   Answer Question

Associate Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PointRoll (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I went through 3 rounds of interviews (5 interviews total). The first interview was a 30 minute phone call from an HR rep and had very standard questions about my background. The second round was 3 back-to-back interviews in the LA office. All 3 of the people I interviewed with were extremely professional and I had an extremely positive experience. The day ended with a short multiple choice math quiz (very basic). The last round was a 1 hour phone interview with an in-depth market sizing case study.

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PointRoll (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 phone interview. 1 month later I was contacted to come in for an in person interview. This interview consisted of meeting with 5 different people - each of them came in and asked me similar questions, it was clear that they did not converse with each other about the previous interview.
    Each person I met with was very honest that they did not have a work life balance - they were expected to be on call for their clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I didn't mind them telling me this because I now knew what I would be getting myself into if I was offered a position there.
    I was contacted later that week to come in for another interview the following week to meet with two additional people - same questions as first 5 interviews and also more honesty about how personal life will be no longer - work is everything.
    Each person I met with expressed their happiness with the company, and how much they didn't mind working all the time.
    I was also "jokingly" told by one of the interviewers that I "wouldn't fit in" because I didn't go out and drink a lot. I don't even know how we got to that statement - but it felt weird and alien and unprofessional that that was the reaction of a person who was sent in to interview me.
    After all the in person meetings, I left the office feeling confident that I had done well in my interviews (besides that one random comment) since I was told repeatedly how great most of my qualities and experiences were.
    2 weeks after my last interview and thank you note that was sent to my interviews, I was sent a generic form letter style email letting me know that I had been one of the final candidates but would not be considered moving forward - they were going to explore other candidates instead.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Each question that was asked sounded like it came from an interview handbook. Each of my interviewers asked the same questions as the interviewer before them.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at PointRoll in January 2013.

Interview

Medium difficulty. There were many interviews and met with many individuals. I found the interviews to be thorough and well thought out. People seemed to be very competent and happy with the overall situation at PointRoll.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PointRoll (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

This was pitiful. Several interviews and all sorts of comments like, "Oh, you're great!" and "We'd be luck to have you!" and then.......no returned calls, emails, nothing. They just ignored me out of the blue. No returned calls. No response on email. Very unprofessional and very poor way to treat people in this market.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PointRoll (Fort Washington, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied through Monster and followed up with a direct call to the CEO. I got an interview and did well. I came back for a day where I did some work and was offered the job that day.

Interview Questions

• How specifically would I impact sales?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PointRoll (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

Their interview process is all about you and how your experience and background would help PointRoll. So I don't think any of the questions I was asked would be the same for other interviews. All of the people who interviewed me were kind and helped to give a great overview of how the company works.

Interview Questions

• How have you solved a problem in your current position   Answer Question

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PointRoll (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Overall the interview process is pretty standard. My interview was with 4-5 different people for about 30 minutes each. Interviewees can range from people at the same level to director level.

Interview Questions

• Provide experiences where you had to deliver some bad news to a client about timelines etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer with no negotiation.