Polytechnic Institute of NYU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Polytechnic Institute of NYU Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU.

Interview

Networking with the Professors. Have to approach the professors who are taking the course. Le them know you are interested (You should have taken their course before or know about the material in advance)

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Horrible process - mean employees and long drawn out process. This was specifically for CUSP. I was warned multiple times by the Directors that the staff had a difficult relationship and who ever took this role would need to be able to work within a conflict prone space. I was assigned 7 individual interviews during the first week of school. This was very hard for me to schedule. I was eventually asked to develop a presentation on a student program - and the employees kept interrupting me and telling me my work was wrong - even through I had citations and data to back it up. Eventually the Director resigned mid process and they called off the search,

Interview Questions

• I was asked to develop a presentation on very specific knowledge within Data mining for companies.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy interview, I was called as soon as I applied online. I was asked questions on python and C++. The interviewer was intimidating but knowledgeable. Also the interviewer has interest in my music taste.

Trio Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU.

Interview

Filled out a tutor application and got a call scheduling for interview. The interview normally lasts for 45 mins but it's only 15 mins if you provide examples/talk about more details that cover the answers to other questions.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if you don't know the answers to the questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I sent an email to the professor describing my past experience in undergraduate and attached my resume. Jonathan replied almost immediately and asked me if I'm available for an interview the next day. During the interview, Yang gave me some really mock tech interviews about linkedlist, graphs, etc. The very first question is to reverse a linkedlist...In the end, he asked me about the basics about TCP/IP.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself and why do you want to be a GA.
      Reverse a single linkedlist.
      What is a object in Java.
      TCP/IP basics.
      Answer Question

Marketing & Communications Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU (New York, NY).

Interview

Got an email from the employer & was called for Onsite interview. Had just 1 interview & got a positive response from the department.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. Questions were resume based & behavioural   Answer Question

Interview

Interview Questions

• The questions were generally a bit tricky, relating to control systems & proficiency in Matlab   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU.

Interview

The application is based on the previous experience. It is quite fair. The best way is to contact the PI before application to see if the group really needs people. The hiring process is highly dependent on their decisions.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU.

Interview

Get recommendations and referrals. Interview was easy.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Polytechnic Institute of NYU.

Interview

Submit resume through portal.
    Got interviewed by the director.