Ponderosa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2017

1.7

Waitress/Salad Bar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ponderosa (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

Came in and he asked me when i could start and we setup the training days. Quickest interview i ever had. It took abount 5 - 10 minutues. Was a very laid back interview i was offered a drink.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ponderosa (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

I had an interview after being referred by a employee. Most questions were based on customer service and how I could benefit the customers. Asked if I was flexible with working hours as they would change and weekends and holidays would be included.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Front and Back of House Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alliance, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ponderosa (Alliance, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted application, phone call, interview, orientation then training. Great people to work with the good environment. Not a chore to go to work. Armstrong is a good company to work for. I can see myself moving up in the company

Interview Questions

• What is something you don't like about your current employer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ponderosa.

Interview

Pretty simple and straightforward. You are asked about your experience with the public, previous work experience, and what hours you are looking for. Then, the manager explains some of the duties of the job and and will let you know if you're hired, either on-the-spot or a call later.

Interview Questions

• Q: How many hours are you available to work per week, and what days?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ponderosa.

Interview

Just sat down in the office and reviewed my application and other work experience. They went line by line and verified everything. The hiring manager was friendly and it only lasted 30 minutes. I did not interview with anyone else. Oh, the other thing they asked about was scheduling. What times and days I could and could not work.

Interview Questions

• How much cooking experience I had and the variety of it.   Answer Question

Hourly Helper Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ponderosa.

Interview

There was only one in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ponderosa (Orlando, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

the interview process is very satisfactory because i go to the restaurant ponderosa steak house and took to the manager and he say my filer the application went i finises the application took to he and the other step the interview he asked many question the my last job and my self and the why ponderosa for my.

Buffet Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ponderosa in December 2012.

Interview

Met with them for 5 minutes literally. They asked when I could start and told me that I got the job. Pretty much they just had me to come in to tell me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them when I started that I only needed 2 days off which was my son's First Birthday and his First Birthday party... they agreed, but when the time came they scheduled me both days and refused to give me them off or even to trade someone. They told me that if I didn't show up for either one of those days that I was fired. I chose my son's most important day over them.

Cook/Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaver Falls, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ponderosa (Beaver Falls, PA).

Interview

Simply fill out a quick application, get a free drink, when a position opens up they give you a call and set up an interview as soon as possible. I was recommended by a friend from school that got me a interview in quick time. The interview is average in length, more laid back than most, and the questions are not out of the ordinary. I was myself, even cracked a few jokes and I have been with the company for 2 and 1/2 years now.

Interview Questions

• What position would you like to fill?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told where the needed me the most and immediately after the interview I had orientation set up and I was welcomed to the Ponderosa family.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ponderosa (Chillicothe, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview here went quite well. I got called in for an interview about 3 days after I applied and got offered the job via phone call about 4 hours after my interview. Both managers that hired we were very friendly but stern, I quickly got the feel that this was a fun place to work, but they got stuff done. That's exactly how the job was too. The interview questions were basic: work experience, best/worst quality traits, basic customer service knowledge, etc.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were hard. Most of the waitresses, myself included, were first-time waitresses and the managers realized that. The most awkward to answer was our worse quality, I always feel like this is the question that can steer the interview result.   1 Answer