Pookie and Sebastian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pookie and Sebastian

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarsdale, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pookie and Sebastian (Scarsdale, NY).

Interview

So it was a "working interview". AKA they have you work for 3 hours (unpaid obviously) to see how you do in the store. I was one of the lucky few to be hired. During my time working there so many people were given "working interviews" and never got a call back. The store wants free labor. It is completely screwed up especially to these young college-age girls trying to make some extra money. One girl did a "working interview" 3 times and never got hired.

Interview Questions

• The only question was about my past experience. It was all about that free labor!   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pookie and Sebastian.

Interview

Very Easy and Very Basic. My resume spoke for itself and the owner didnt ask many questions. He talked more about himself and his business and how many years he's been in business.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pookie and Sebastian (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

2 interviews. Sometimes a working interview. Which they just use people that don't actually work for the company for free daily work instead of paying the people that actually work there

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A few calls back and forth

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pookie and Sebastian (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy n quick, talked about previous jobs, fashion, who are my fave designers
    Took about a week
    The area manager never returned any of my calls after sending me an offer
    So I called until one day she answered and re stated the offer and let me know when I should come in for paper work
    $11 base plus 2% commission is the pay rate don't believe anyone else
    Wouldn't recommend

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations
    $11 base plus 2% commission

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pookie and Sebastian (New York, NY).

Interview

They make you do a working interview without payment. After working there I realized they used thee working interviews that were hours long, as a way to have an employee on the floor with out having to use payroll. The owner sits down with you and talks about how great his company is. The whole thing was a joke.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pookie and Sebastian (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Three interviews
    one with store manager
    other one with store manager
    one with owner
    You needed to answer multiple questions about your background
    Fashion related questions
    Management related questions
    Able to relate to others
    You needed to understand a full retail environment on how your management style is
    You needed to ask multiple questions on each interview

Interview Questions

• How do your describe yourself   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pookie and Sebastian (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

It was pretty simple, it all depends on the way you look and if you are available, do you have fashionable look and have good presentation. You have to have a trail (about two hours) so the manager can see how you sell and if you sell.

Interview Questions

• How would you sale? Or approach a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pookie and Sebastian (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

questions about the previous employment and experience. what i like about working with customers the most. how i handle the difficult and demanding customers. they asked me questions about my interest in fashion and styling customers. they asked me if the work in retail is something i would like to do for a longer time and if i would like to go to school for fashion merchandising. they asked me about my request for the vacation.

Interview Questions

• if i am an optimistic person   1 Answer

Negotiation

i have accepted the position because the offered good base pay and commission

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pookie and Sebastian (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Met this the manager, then the owner came in to interview me. I was very excited to be applying for the position at the time; so much that I can barely recall the process.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in None (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pookie and Sebastian (None (Italy)).

Interview

Was tedious and worthless, didn't have a clue what they were seeking. Both owners were on two different page at the time of the interview. They each contradicted themselves in the interview process.

Negotiation

done over an email