Popular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.7

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Popular (San Juan, PR) in May 2017.

Interview

I have four interviews and had to took an exam. The time they took to make a decision was too long, and in some ocassion they dont ask professional questions. In the first interview they offer me an amount and in my last and final offer they offer a sustancial lower amount compared by the first offer.

Interview Questions

• why you are interested in work for Popular Bank?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Popular (San Juan, PR).

Interview

I met representatives at an University Job Fair. First, there is a phone screening, then you are scheduled to come in to take a personal test. If your results are favorable, then you are scheduled for a final, panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here? What can you contribute to our organization?   Answer Question

Telephone Banking Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Popular (San Juan, PR) in August 2016.

Interview

1. Phone call interview - basic questions from your previous/current job, if you speak english it is a plus.
    2. If you pass first interview, you will be asked to go to one of their centers to take a basic skill/knowledge test.
    3. If you pass test you will be called for a one on one interview with a rep from HR. They will ask more detailed questions about your previous jobs and some additional questions in reference to the position that you applied for.
    4. If you pass the one on one, you will be called/notified with a possible job offer.

Throughout the process they will be conducting a background check and before accepting any offer you will be drug tested.

Interview Questions

• When facing a difficult customer, how were you able to handle the situation and was there anything from that experience that you learned from and/or would have done better?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Popular (San Juan, PR).

Interview

2 interviews one over the phone and one face 2 face panel interview

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest misconception that people have of you?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Popular (San Juan, PR) in April 2015.

Interview

Simple questions and interview was conducted in both english and Spanish. Also had to take a multiple choice exam with really random questions mostly about ethics. I had two interviews back to back and they mostly repeated the same questions, never understood why they did that!

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Popular (San Juan, PR) in May 2014.

Interview

I sent my resume to the human resources team in charge of summer internships and they were glad to find a summer job that fit my background and interests. They asked what I was studying and what division within the bank appealed to me the most and went from there. When they found a project that looked like a fit for me, they emailed me about it and I accepted.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Popular.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. I had an interview with the HR Manager and took a psychometric exam. After this interview, I was interviewed by the hiring managers.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Popular.

Interview

Online job application, first phone interview, then two face to face interviews

Director, Medical Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Popular (San Juan, PR) in October 2013.

Interview

One on One . Asked questions about education, experience and future work plans. They place all of the applicants in the same interview date. They go in different rounds an send yu a letter of acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Costumer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Popular (San Juan, PR) in September 2013.

Interview

Easy, no tough questions,Just 2 interviewers, almost 2 hour wait time, Same building interview, 2 different dates for 2 interviews. Interviwed with a lot of people. Had a Written exam.