Ports America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ports America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.6

Superintendent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ports America.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. First you must complete two assessments that measure your thinking process and work attitude (PLA AND PI index). Then you get interviews by the Talent Acquisition Coordinator for a phone screen and if you do well on that you get called for another in-person interview. It's been almost a month and have not heard back so still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit? How do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Superintendent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ports America.

Interview

A prolonged process that was drug out over the course of nearly 4 months. FInal interview was conducted with a panel. HR really embraces modern interviewing techniques (i.e. 3 round interview process, panel interview, review)

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding leadership, working under stressful/unpleasant working conditions, management techniques.   Answer Question

Interview

First round is a phone interview with HR. Basic behavioral questions and also some past experience. Then you need to do an online assessment. Its a timed mathematical and inductive test. Then I got a phone interview with my boss. And then I had an on-site interview. So its like three rounds in total.

Superintendent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ports America in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online through company web site. Heard back about a week later from HR. Scheduled a phone interview through HR with an operations manager and conducted the phone interview about a week later. Interview went well. Told me a lot about the company and asked me some generic interview questions. Seems like a great company to work for.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ports America (Chandler, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

The Interview was not difficult sat with 2 gentlemen for about 30 minutes each. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. Asked me a couple basic interview questions to get to know me more. It is better to arrive early The IT manager even said if you are 15 minutes early you are on time. he really values punctuality. I was almost an hour early but i was sitting in my car trying to psyche my self up reading glass door trying to get any information. I was really nervous but they were extremely nice and it felt like a good team to work for.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years, why ports america? basic questions like that.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Ports America (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Bizarre. Had to take an IQ test to get through the next round. Once I took the IQ test I had no response for over 6 months. They then called me and asked if I could come in for an interview the following week. Interview was fine but then they did not get back to me about the job after clearly saying they had to get this done as fast as possible. Interview itself was 2 people and another person on a speaker phone collectively asking questions. Major focus that they had was safety related so try to have a story about promoting safety. Haven't heard back over 2 months from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Was there are time you had a friend or colleague doing something unsafe and what did you do.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ports America (Houston, TX).

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with the University Strategy rep for the company. Second interview was with the manager I worked for. Third interview was more so an experience to go see the port to see if it was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a conflict? How do you work with people who can be frustrating? What do you want out of this experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. If you feel like you should, I would definitely do it. They are open when it comes to hours/pay/etc.

Superintendent Interview

Interview

Long and extensive interview process. Traveled up and down the west coast to see different terminal operations and get a grasp on standard operation procedures. The local management team for the facility I interviewed at were great, asked quality questions. Overall process went well. Ports America paid for all traveling for the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ports America (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a phone screening call, followed by a one on one interview. Both interviews consisted of basic behavioral interview questions. The one on one interview was simple questions a positive attitude and honest responses helped.

Interview Questions

• If there was a wall in front of you and you had to get to the other side what would you do?   Answer Question

Superintendent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ports America.

Interview

Sat down with a panel of 4-6 Managers at various terminals that belong to Ports America. It was not a hostile environment or anything. Everyone made me feel comfortable while I was in the room. Most questions were related to reactions to Union employees and how I would handle this and the decisions I would make in certain safety related scenarios.

Interview Questions

• I don't believe there was any. Just be sure to know proper management related skills and questions regarding managerial positions over Union Labor.   Answer Question