Posse Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Posse Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2017

3.1

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Posse Foundation.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. First is a group interview, then more traditional one-on-one interview, then a mock group facilitation. This allowed for plenty of opportunities to get to know the organization and the employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

It was a group interview with about 15 candidates, 4 trainers, and a mid-level manager. Everyone introduced themselves and then broke into subgroups. In each subgroup, candidates took turns answering *announced* questions to each other while a trainer observed the interview off to the side (but the trainer only observed and did not directly interact). The stated reason for this is that it reflects the process that the organization's students go through to get a Posse Foundation scholarship. On one hand, I think there is value in this, but I feel like this introduces a huge element of luck that seems a bit inconsiderate of the candidate's time. After all, I didn't get a chance to actually converse with the staff and directly answer their questions. So it wasn't really an "interview".

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (New York, NY).

Interview

The foundation claims to be stellar on so many levels, but they lack a professional interviewing staff. They set up group intetviews: cattle calls! If you are a professional with high standards, do not waste your time interviewing with Posse Foundation. There are other respectable ways of being interview. The interview exercises show their lazy approach in seeking talent. Most respectable nonprofits will avoid having candidates with professional credentials expose themselves in the low-level interviewing approach. It is used to avoid truly finding a solid candidate. Instead, group interview seems to be used by PF for social programming:. Group think! If you are confident and can think on your own, pursue another nonprofit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Introductions, video about Posse, and then we (10-15 interviewees) were split into groups of 3-4. An interviewer would read the question (probably under 10 questions) to the room and everyone took turns in their group answering the question in the certain time period, about 2ish minutes each person. Afterwards, the entire group rejoins in a circle and interviewees can ask questions to current staff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The first round interview took place in a group setting, just like the selection process for Posse Scholars applying to the program. Roughly 20 participants took part, and we broke up into small groups to answer questions together. Each person had one minute and had to use the full minute for their response.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you had to deal with a difficult student.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

A week after submitting my resume, I was contacted to participate in the group interview. They had 25-30 people in a room to watch a video on the foundation's work and give more detail as to what the position involves. Then we were split into groups of five for the interview, which consisted of everyone in the group having one minute to answer the same question to everyone else in the group. The Posse staff walked around and listened to each group for what seemed like an insignificant amount of time per person, honestly. After six questions, we had the chance to ask some questions. We were told that some second round interviews would begin that afternoon and to hang around the area to wait for an email regarding our status within a few hours (in retrospect, the idea of evaluating that many candidates within two hours, then contacting them to set up second round interviews within the same day is completely ludicrous).
    I never heard from them again. It's been a month now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

2 hour group interview - 14 people total interviewing. Talked about the foundation and then we split up into small groups of 3 and 4 people. In small groups each person had 1 minute to respond to a question. 8 questions in total. You have to talk for the full minute.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience travelling for a job or if you haven't traveled talk about what you think about it   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was somewhat frustrating, as Posse rushed its selection of candidates to cope with its high turnover rate. I was told by the outgoing Posse Director Assaf Bar-Tura that 4 people had chosen to leave the organization the month before interviewing.

I arrived for my interview on time and had a few minutes to talk with other candidates. There were roughly 15 other job-seekers present along with 5 Posse staff members (a trainer, career program manager, co-program director, and others).

The interview started with a viewing of a video that describes what Posse does. The video features a number of corporate big wigs and education corporatists such as Diane Patrick, a partner at a big law firm in Boston and wife of former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, Derek Bok, former Harvard University President and lawyer, and others. After the video, Posse staff split us into groups where we each had about a minute to answer about 10 questions. The interview format mirrored DAP, the process that Posse uses to select its scholars. Of the candidates present, the amount of relevant professional experience ranged from 3 to 15 years. After this initial interview, I was brought back for a one-on-one session, where I completed a writing test and was asked a series of questions about the experiences listed on my résumé. The final phase of the process consisted of facilitating a workshop, where I focused on facilitating a discussion about a topic near and dear to my heart professionally. Although I was offered the position within a week's time thereafter, I declined it because of my concerns about Posse. In informational interviews with others who had worked for Posse, I was told that the organization puts its employees through the ringer, particularly around the time when it is recruiting new scholars. The people I interviewed mentioned that they would work 60- to 70-hour weeks. This information was corroborated by what Posse staff told me after the initial interview. The other former Posse employees with whom I talked mentioned that morale and pay are both low at the organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe your college experience.
      Describe how your boss perceives you.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Posse Foundation in June 2017.

Interview

First Round: Group Interview- Watched a video about Posse. Learned about the Trainor position from current Trainors at Posse. Sat in small groups of 4-5 people and were asked about 10 questions and each person had one minute to respond in their small groups.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your college experience?
      What are your best professional qualities?
      Tell me about a time you worked on a team and what was your role?
      What is your best professional accomplishment?
      Tell us about a time you had difficulty working with a student, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Posse Foundation.

Interview

The interview itself wasn't that difficult. It was a group interview with about 15 people, pretty much exactly how others have described in their reviews. Go in, sit in a circle, couple rounds of intros, then watched a short video about the foundation before being put in smaller groups. Once we were in our smaller groups it was rounds of questions where each person got 1 minute to answer. The staff floated around, listening to various people's answers. I definitely think that the staff had a short list of people they were seriously interested in, because there was no way to gauge who would be a good candidate they way the interview was structured. After the rounds of questions we had a short q&a with the staff about the actual position. At the end of the group interview we were told that we would hear back not matter what exactly two days later, down to the minute, because they had a tight turn around window. Two days later, nothing. Three days later, nothing. I eventually emailed back the person who initially emailed us about the group interview and was told we would be hearing back early the following week. Its now been a week after that and still nothing. But I did see that they relisted the job as available online...not very professional if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your college experience. Describe your best quality. Pet peeves in the workplace.   Answer Question