Posse Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2017

3.2

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 30 people in a circle. They said it similar to the way they pick the scholars for the program. First, you watch a video about the foundation. Next, they split you in to groups of 4 or 5 and you have exactly 1 minute to answer a question, you must use the entire minute. Lastly, you have a group Q and A.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to work with someone with different views.   Answer Question

Assistant to the Director Interview

Interview

It was a group interview questions were asked such as explain your college experience, what is your preferred method of communication etc. I felt like the had an idea of who they were going to hire. There were about 30 people in the room and we were broken into teams of 5 and the staff rotated and listened to us answer questions and jotted things down. It felt like a waste of time and Uber.

Posse Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a 2 day interview, but in order to get the second interview, participants need to get selected from the first day (which is a group interview). The first day group interview starts off with icebreaker/introduction, then participants get divided into groups of 4. One of the current trainers asks questions and every group member gets an opportunity to answer in their own small group. The current staff walk around and take notes of their observations.

Interview Questions

• Share one thing that others (coworkers) have overlooked about you.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (Miami, FL).

Interview

The first part of the interview is a pretty informal group interview, the second is a one-on-one interview , and the third is a presentation made in front of the main staff.

Interview Questions

• Me time or we time? What would you do on a 75-degree weekend day? What was the best team you ever worked on?   1 Answer

Assistant to the Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two rounds post acceptance of resume and cover letter - a group interview and a one on one interview. The group interview consisted of all of the applicants that were brought in post resume review and consisted of working together as groups but also being seen individually. The final round was a one on one interview with the a staff member in the office and the director himself.

Interview Questions

• What motivated you to work for a program that focuses on college access?   Answer Question

Director, Posse New York Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

There were 15 eclectic candidates. We did a quick introduction around the circle, heard from program staff about the program and history, then watched a brief video about The Posse Foundation. Afterwards, we did two group activities: we were in groups of four and had to answer lightening round questions (see below). Then we had to find new groups, and pick a topic from an envelope. Our task was to lead a discussion around the question we picked from the envelope. The discussions were also very fast (just a few minutes). They concluded with taking a handful of questions from the candidates.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe the neighborhood you grew up in 2. Describe your undergrad experience 3. What is your leadership style? 4. What does diverse mean to you? 5. How do you like to be managed? 6. What are you passionate about (besides education)? 7. What part of your identity influences decisions? 8. Give an example of a strength/talent/skill often overlooked   Answer Question

Bentz Whalley Flessner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

Participated in a group interview where I was asked a series of behavioral and situational questions. I also had to complete two separate writing and analyses assignment prior to the interview and during.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal a disgruntled client?   1 Answer

National Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was just as others described here. I found that being relaxed and being myself was the best way to succeed. Those in the room from Posse are not likely interested in your exact response but more so in how you interact with the other people in the room. I was amazed that after the first interview, I could really tell who would make the cut and who wouldn't. I was impressed that the DAP seems effective in that way.

The second interview was more of what you'd expect, with the opportunity to chat with the director as well as other members of the training specialist teams.

The third and final interview was an opportunity to design and facilitate a training.

Interview Questions

• Describe the neighbourhood you grew up in
      What is a critical piece of feedback you've received
      What other people have said..
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Posse Foundation.

Interview

I applied online and had multiple interviews including group and one on one inteviews. In the 2nd or 3rd round, I would have to prepare material to present to the group. Also had a Q&A with a group of individuals and then small round questionnaire.

Career Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Posse Foundation (New York, NY).

Interview

It was as many described. There was a large group interview. They are nice about it, and make it more collaborative than competitive but I get the impression they already had their decisions made. As they did no follow up, I felt like it was an unfair use of my time, and they should be more upfront with their candidates.