Post Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.8

Mail Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Post Office (Moreno Valley, CA).

Interview

List of questions were given you are required to give the best answers because this is checking your personality and character. Also your knowledge of writing posting codes and reading routes.

CCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Post Office (Charleston, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the post office Nov 17, 2016 and received an assessment test immediately, which I took. I then received an invite to take the postal exam. I completed the exam on Nov 23 and passed with a 85. Don't know if that's good enough at this point as I'm not a vet. I received a email for a DMR request on Nov 28th, which I completed immediately. I have not gotten a request for a drug test as of yet. I received a welcome candidate for an interview on Nov 30th for an interview Dec 6th. I went to the interview yesterday. There were 10 people that applied or I should say that showed up. After explaining a few details they took us in one by one to be interviewed. The first question was am I a veteran? They explained to me that vets got preference and they weren't sure how many of us are at the moment and they would be only hiring 2 or 3 people immediately. The rest would be put on a list and it still goes by veterans pref and then score. She explained that I could be on the list for months if I wasn't chosen now. She also explained that the sky was the limit with the post office once you got in but again vets get preference. I don't know what to think. She told me that she was putting me down as recommended but when I got home it stated "not selected" on the portal. So I guess I'm on the 'list". I'm trying not to get discouraged but I didn't realize the impact of not being a vet was. I know that they get a 10 point advantage but I didn't realize the grand scope of things. I'm glad the post office favors vets but let us citizens get a chance too.

Interview Questions

• Are you a veteran? Are you afraid of dogs? In the last 6 months, how many times did you call in sick? Are you willing to work long hours?   Answer Question

Post Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Post Office (Bakersfield, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

IT WAS A VERY EASY INTERVIEW. Just questions on your previous employers. And they ask you if your schedule is flexible. And they tell you about your job position what it requires you to do

Postal Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Post Office (Odessa, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Had to pass a series of online test via the postal service emails. The questions had to do with what math, logic and customer service experience you had. The questions took about 3 hours to complete at a designated testing center.Then go to a set location to be interviewed by the USPS Post Master.

Interview Questions

• The questions had to do with what math, logic and customer service experience you had. The questions took about 3 hours to complete at a designated testing center.   Answer Question

I went to the final interview because I had been offered a job but the Post Master was not there at the time of the set interview.

City Carrier Assistant (CCA) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Post Office.

Interview

Started the interview process Nov 2nd. Now Nov 24th. I applied online for the city carrier assistant position. The process between the initial application, personality test and postal 473 test was a very quick process. Took about a week and a half to finish that process. 2 weeks later I was put on the hiring list and invited to an interview with my 85.8 I recieved on the 473 test. The actual interview was very non chalant. It was more of a mass interview with about 30 other candidates present. I went into a room with a postmaster and did my interview. He seemed very interested in me after looking at my previous work experience. Unfortunately the post office likes to take their time with things so I haven't recieved an offer yet but judging by my interview, the postmaster said he will highly recommend me and hopefully within the next few days I recieve a call.

Technology Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Post Office (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interviewed with the Post Office for a senior technology leadership role in London.

Subsequent correspondence with the HR team to seek post interview feedback went unanswered.

Candidate communication was non existent and unprofessional - complete radio silence.

For an organisation that prides itself on the values of "Care" and “valuing people and their time”, the lack of engagement and communication led to a very poor candidate experience.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Good environment, nice people. Friendly staff. Salary we not good they were offering. Part time work too much load private employer, not offering good salary, not supportive, I got offer but I declined. Not promising job

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      What skills can you bring?
      Why you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Post Master Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Post Office.

Interview

Background check, online application, face to face interview, more reviews, more checks, more delays - very disorganised and that should have set the alarm bells ringing - Post Office are a poor interviewer and best avoided. A simple job made difficult because of red tape.

Negotiation

They do not negotiate.

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southwark, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Post Office (Southwark, England (UK)).

Interview

I was an employee transferring. A previous manager I was working with helped me to get this interview through experience already working in the post office. The manager called me and then grilled me and told me how he has reservations over me because I better do as he says. All I did was smile, show good manners, answer questions he had no matter how biased they were. I was a model candidate!

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work in central London?   1 Answer
    • How can you sell?   1 Answer

Postman With Driving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Market Rasen, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Post Office (Market Rasen, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

First you have to complete an online test where you have to compare slightly different code numbers (finding the correct one out of 5 examples), as well as a personality test where you have to say which sentences most match your personality). If you are successful in this stage then you recieve a 1 to 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time you encountered a Health and Safety issue at work, and what did you do?
      Q: How have you used teamwork at work? How?
      Q: What checks would you have to make on a work van?
      Q: Why do you want to work for Royal Mail?   Answer Question