Power Integrations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Power Integrations Interview Questions

2.8

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Power Integrations (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took one month. I interviewed at Power Integrations in August 2016. The manager's way of thinking is very ridiculous, and he is very aggressive.

Interview Questions

• charge conservation, energy conservation, bipolar device   Answer Question

IP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Integrations.

Interview

Lots of Interviews with different people. Will have to do writing sample. Will have to come for several rounds of interviewing. Very through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiate hard. If they like you they will bend.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Integrations in September 2010.

Interview

2-level interview: one with manager (less technical), one with colleagues with in-depth discussion about power supply topologies and design. Good engineers will find it relatively easy. When the questions became more challenging, it's important to get back to basics. In case you claim you've done something in the past, be prepared to provide evidence

Interview Questions

• try to convince me (as customer's purchasing dept representative) to buy your IC based on cost / benefit of your solution   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, offer was good enough and well presented

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Power Integrations (San Jose, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Initial recruiter interview was ignored, but when I called back, I got an interview immediately. I had a phone screen with the recruiter, then in-person interviews with the whole team - other marketing managers and engineers, HR. I believe I talked to 5 people total for 45 minutes each.

The people definitely looked busy and overworked. It had a small-office feel. Work culture is common for the semi-conductor industry - get in at 8, leave at 6.

Typical questions include common industry problems, such as how to beat low-cost competitors out in Asia.
    Other questions include RC circuits, LC circuits.
    Another question was based on taking an AC input and converting it to a stable DC voltage. (Flyback)

Interview Questions

• Take an AC input of 120V; draw a circuit that converts it to 20V output.   1 Answer
    • Draw an RC circuit. How much time does it take to charge to 90% of the input voltage when Vin is applied?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were cordial. Just remember - paid education is a myth, no matter what the HR person tells you.

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Integrations.

Interview

Interview was with the Senior Engineering Manager, HR Manager and a Test Engineer on the first day onsite 3 days after first contact. Second interview interview with the QA Manager onsite and Test Manager on Skype one week after. Overall process was fast and interesting.

Interview Questions

• Questions are mostly regarding my experience and how to apply it to their situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are very considerate regarding my requests.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Power Integrations in July 2010.

Interview

First step is the phone interview with HR Manager first for about 20 minutes. The second step is the phone screen with the group director. He go over my resume and discuss about some interesting project in details. THen he interoduce the position.