Power-One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Power-One Interview Questions

2.8

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Power-One.

Interview

It started with a phone interview which basically concluded with basic information and achievements and education related questionnaire.

Then I had to go to the site interview which took about 40 minutes. They asked me questions based on everything I had on my Resume. No personality or behavioral questions were asked.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Power-One (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

The process was typical a panel of interviewers. Everyone was professional except the GM.

Interview Questions

• When I asked the GM what his strategy was he said only money. How pathetic. Yes you have to make money, but when you employ a large number of employees you have to balance. Keep in mind this was an interview. They were interviewing me for a match and I was interviewing them. I would never work for someone that this was the ONLY strategy. Anyone competent that has choices - also would not work for someone like this. Which explains why he has had such trouble filling this position. The GM was just a short, egotistical who took about 20 minutes to talk with me and then I guess decided that I wasnt worth another 5 minutes and was out the door. Rest of the interview team was professional and courteous.   1 Answer

Vice President Global Lean Sigma Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Power-One (Camarillo, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I first had several call from the HR department. The second call indicated that they were reviewing 5 people to consider going forward. The next call was from a VP to ask various technical questions and the HR Manager said I was now rated as number 1 in the process and they would need one week due to their busy schedule. After 3 weeks I never got any response. It appears my age may have been a factor.

Interview Questions

• What can be accomplished and what should the expections be for a Lean Six Sigma program?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Power-One (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

Hiring was easy, just because the staffing here is solid.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Nothing I havent heard before. Im a recruiter.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Power-One (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

We were a acquisition so the interview was at the group level about a introduction of the company with details from the division president and HR VP. After the presentation the President sat down with us for a company sponsored lunch. A few days later we had another meeting with the HR staff at the San Jose operations and after we signed all of the hiring documents. This was also followed with a lunch and informal conversations with HR management.

Interview Questions

• Since we were a acquisition there was really no questions.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Power-One (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

Poorly coordinated from the first contact. No one seemed in charge. It took four people on the Power One side to even make the travel arrangements - this in a company with just $1B in gross sales. After all the hype, arrived on time to discover that no one knew three of the key people listed to meet with (alleged senior executives) were either in aanother State, or, were sick.

Interview Questions

• Identify these discrete components on a power supply board.   Answer Question
    • How many phases are these transformers (sitting on a pallet)?   Answer Question

The VP appears to be a micro-manager, and, evasive. All but one of the people I met with was unprepared or unwilling to answer direct questions about the position. It was alleged this was a "startup" plant operation - despite the $1B parent's revenue...and it showed. Manufacturing process completely out of control with a 30,000 PPM defect rate and a 65% customer return rate. NO quality staff in place. Visit to shop floor showed no sense of organization...many people standing around doing nothing, or, informed they were on their "break". No indicated bonus structure at the Director level, but a representation of 60+ hour weeks.

I have stated the interviews were "difficult" because of the gross lack of organization and miscues throughout the day. Just before I exited, I informed the HR representative that I was completely unsatisfied with the process and would not accept an offer - even if presented.

An extrmely negative process from beginning to end.

Team Leader and Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Power-One (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied for opening on company website. Phone screened with a recruiter and then came onsite for face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? I was also asked if I knew the other candidates that were being interviewed for the same job...that was VERY bizarre. It was awkward as I did know one of them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power-One.

Interview

It was a panel interview conducted by phone as I was located in a different country. The panel was composed of my direct manager, a senior member of the team, and the manager responsible for engineering overall. The interview was fairly technical and focused mainly on my work at that time. They were essentially looking for somebody with my exact work experience and the interview ended up more like a technical discussion instead of a Q&A.

Interview Questions

• When can you start? This in a way was the most difficult question for me as I was half-way across the world and have to think hard of relocating the family...   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power-One.

Interview

Phone interview - standard questions
    Physical inteview - standard questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they told you how much they will pay - take it or leave it. Then when in the door they undercut you & tell you to leave if you do not like it.

Produktionsleiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Power-One (Zürich (Switzerland)) in May 2010.

Interview

Nur ein kurzes Gespräch – ich war nicht die bevorzugte Person für die Position.