Power Play Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Power Play Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Power Play Marketing

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Play Marketing.

Interview

I was just told about the job and if I could do it. Followed by getting the offer, there was nothing professional about the interview.
    Nothing more to say about the interview process, other than it was unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Bingham Farms, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Play Marketing (Bingham Farms, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a one-time meeting. It was a basic exchange of language, which allowed for the employer to gauge your professional and perspective on sales jobs. If you are comfortable asking for money and being on the phone, you will very likely receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your prior sales experiences?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very direct: "We'd like to make you an offer!" "I accept!" My start date was sort of up in the air, though. They want you to start with a group.

Anonymous Employee in Bingham Farms, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Power Play Marketing (Bingham Farms, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Called in for an interview that is more so conversational rather than purposeful. If you are charming and have a go-getter attitude that is aggressive about achieving sales they will hire you here - although there are no clear-cut quotas set so you never know when your job may be on the line, there is no minimum amount that is presented to you and defined clearly or understandably in this regard.

Interview Questions

• Asked several times why I would want to work here even though I had experience in sales and media advertising, which seemed strange at the time to have to convince someone that I wanted to work there rather than the other way around...   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation - the "salary" (which is really just a draw on future commissions) is set at $35,000/yearly with bonus opportunities monthly and commission paid out at 18% of whatever you sell over an amount that is 5 times what your salary is equal to at $35,000 - and only if that sale has been received prior to commission pay-out quarterly.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Power Play Marketing.

Interview

I don't think I was actually asked any questions other than: "are you sure you want to do this?" I responded of course by saying that I did and called him out on deterring me from the job. Then the interview proceeded with listening to the VP talk for approximately 90 minutes without every asking me a question about myself.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I accepted the job and then wasn't called back for 6 weeks later for some inexplicable reason.

Anonymous Employee in Bingham Farms, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Play Marketing (Bingham Farms, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

- Be prepared for a phone interview as soon as you call! The ideal candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
    - Based upon the initial phone call, an in-person interview is set up with our Regional VP of Sales, and our office coordinator.
    - After the interview, each candidate may have to go through a follow up phone interview, depending on fit and experience level.
    - The office is a fast-paced advertising sales position, in a "student focused" environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Your starting salary is negotiated base on experience. The minimum base salary is $35,000. Reps are also to make project bonuses ranging from $500-$3,000 per project, and additional 18% commission.

This position offers generous performance based raises and bonuses.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Power Play Marketing.

Interview

One on one, very standard sales job interview. Bring your A game and be prepared to answer the standard sales questions on the spot

Interview Questions

• Can you see yourself making over 100 cold call phone calls daily and have 95% of the businesses reject you?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bingham Farms, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Power Play Marketing (Bingham Farms, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter that lasted about five to ten minutes. Because the phone interview went well, they asked me to come in for an person to person interview. I filled out an application then met with the recruiter for about 15 minutes. She then had me meet with the VP and that lasted about 30 minutes. Pretty casual meeting. About a day later, another senior mgr called me with a follow up interview that lasted about 10 minutes. Within a week I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• All were related to my experience and they wanted to know if I could sell.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Company offered a starting salary of $35,000.

Advertising Sales Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bingham Farms, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Power Play Marketing (Bingham Farms, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

Met with the sales director, discussed some of the media publications that if hired I would be selling space within (print & digital ad placements in USA Today Special Editions, includes some 45+ different topical interest type subject matter titles each year that are produced)

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid to get on the phone and cold call sales prospects, and to furthermore ask for the sale to close the deal, facing a lot of rejection on average?   1 Answer

Advertising Sales Director At Power Play Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bingham Farms, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Power Play Marketing (Bingham Farms, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

I called after seeing a job posting on careerbuilder. I spoke with the VP for a few minutes where at that time, we set up an in person interview. My interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was offered the job a couple of days later. Very standard.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in sales when I never was in the industry before.   Answer Question