Practising Law Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Practising Law Institute

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Practising Law Institute (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Recruiter referred position
    First Interview: Phone with Hiring Manager
    Second Interview: In Person Hiring Manager
    Third Interview: Hiring Manager, VP and Director of Marketing

The interview process wasn't difficult. A few challenging questions were thrown in to test applicant's knowledge of current issues. It wouldn't hurt to know presidential cabinet members, state capitols and DJI.

Interview Questions

• What is the one question you wished I would have asked you?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Practising Law Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

It was 2011 and there was an old VP of Sales so the interview process is much different now. Although certain aspects of the Sales interviews haven't changed up until this past year.

First off the interview process for any sales position is EXTREMELY long. Sometimes it can take over 3 months and 4-5 interviews to hire for an entry level position. The main idea during these interviews is to try and throw you off or ask stupid questions to see how you "handle pressure." If you are a male and you wear a suit/tie, make sure you look sharp because I've seen the sales manager walk out of the room for someones collar being up (probably on accident and he didn't even realize it).

Overall the interview process is long and a bit unnecessary

Interview Questions

• What is the DOW trading at today?
      Who is the secretary of state?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Practising Law Institute.

Interview

Interview process was very tough. They will ask you what the DOW is at, who the secretary of state is and the last book you read, so be ready for questions like that. You will also have to do a presentation to the sales team. It is about a five-step process.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you lied to a former employee or superior?   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Practising Law Institute (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Received a warm welcome by staff. Initial interview was conducted by Program Manager, with two other members of the office that sat in and contributed questions. Second round interview included follow up questions, as well as a tour of the programs space. Overall, I would rate the interview process as straight-forward and pleasant. Interviews put me at ease and genuinely wanted to know about my experiences and how I would contribute to the organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experiences. How are your experiences aligned with the Program Assistant role?   Answer Question

Practising Law Institute Response

Feb 11, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquistion

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and welcome feedback! We strive to give candidates a positive experience throughout our interview process and are so glad you think we succeeded. We are... More

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Practising Law Institute (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I was hired initially as a temp and had my resume forwarded to PLI's HR from a staffing agency. The interview itself was a 1:1 with my current boss. It was a straightforward, basic interview in her office. I got a call with an offer that same day.

Library Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Practising Law Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through a temp agency. After the intial discussion about the position from the recruiter, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. A few weeks later (it was during the holidays, which can explain the delay), I met with the hiring manager as well as two potential co-workers. The interview went very well, I could tell my answers were spot on and they really liked me. I was called for a third interview a week or so later with the Sales Director, I believe. Even though it was not exactly a sales position, he needed his input.

It was the most awkward interview I'd ever had and I could tell the hiring manager who was sitting in was embarrassed and felt sorry for me. Questions such as "What is the capital of Mississippi?" and "Did you ever sing Karaoke?" were asked. It was a waste of time, a mockery really, and that really turned me off from working for that type of organization. I took a half day from work to go and couldn't believe it wasn't a serious interview. Almost 5 months later and I still see the position advertising- that tells you something.

Interview Questions

• What is the capital of Mississippi?   1 Answer