Pratt & Whitney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pratt & Whitney Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.7

Quality Manager Interview

Interview

Super days with multiple interviews over a 2 hour period. Very basic interview questions. Showed early, had breakfast and coffee, relaxed and listened to the propaganda speech that presented all the great things about the company. was made an offer later that day.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Invited to a superday my second one. All went well. Some managers were rarely new. They said they would definitely get back to us in two weeks and now they do not answer emails or calls. It's like I used up my time but they don't have time to get back to the applicants. It's like they need to fill up the superday tables so they can justify to the customer that they are trying their best to get the work completed. If you have alot of experience or are too old you will not get hired.

Interview Questions

• talk about a special project and what type of result did you get   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

Interview

I got invited to a Super Day. Everything was paid for. It was all held in their Hangar Museum. Got there and they had lunch for us. There was a presentation about Pratt then I had 4 separate interviews with 2 to 4 people each time. Almost everyone was in a big open room and I had my own table.

Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (East Hartford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

I was called a month after i had applied and was invited for an interview that took place on East Hartford. Very friendly and very informative people serve me. I was interviewed by one of the supervisor, the supervisor i was interviewed by informed me about the job and the company also, about the importance of quality inspection. We went over my resume and chitchat for a little. I was told i was going to be called within a couple of weeks. I am still waiting for the call.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney.

Interview

It was a phone interview:
    -very brief
    -simple questions
    -interview did not seem to want to get to know me
    -felt very rushed
    -Called and interviewed right on the spot
    -I wasn't really prepared
    -Hiring person did not do a great job of explaining the position to me

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

I met them at the career fair and got an interview. There were two people at the interview room. The questions in the beginning were behavioral and asked about what I have done in college and in my internships and what my goals are. A couple of questions towards the end were situational questions testing my knowledge of problem solving.

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

45 min long interview in which they asked pretty basic questions about certain situations you would encounter in the workplace and a little about yourself like your work history and hobbies.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about yourself that you feel you should improve upon?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Day long interviews with 5-6 people spanning HR to Engineering to Management. They asked a lot of soft questions and situational awareness questions. A lot of the interviewers asked the same questions, so it was a matter of spending time re-answering them to each person. We also took a factory tour and ended with some questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were faced with conflict. How did you react?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you worked in a group or led a team.   Answer Question
    • What do you want to be when you grow up?   Answer Question

Decided Columbus, GA wasn't the right location for me. Factory was pretty interesting, the town didn't seem great.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Hartford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted directly by the hiring manager. Good start. Had a strong (phone) conversation and they said they'd get back to me after they interviewed a few more candidates. Within a week, HR contacted me and said the hiring manager wanted to bring me in for a panel interview. They gave me some dates and I verified my availability. I reached out a week later after hearing nothing ...

Well, here we are 4 weeks later. With SIX unanswered emails/vmails to HR and the hiring manager.

Unacceptable and unprofessional. I'm glad I learned this now before going to work for such an organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experiences that will best show your ability to succeed in this position.   Answer Question

Senior Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pratt & Whitney (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Called for interview. Said I was going to hear back. Now three weeks later, no calls no email. Nothing at all not even a No...just ignored, even when I call to ask about it.