Primera Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

3.3

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Primera Engineers (Lisle, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Started out by sending resume to HR via college recommendation. One of the HR people contacted me via email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, was emailed about an in person interview with 3 people.

Interview Questions

• How would the staff members know that you are dealing with stress?   Answer Question

Gas Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Primera Engineers.

Interview

1 phone interview, 3 different in person interviews with 6 people, and then a call to come back for a 'group discussion' to make sure everyone is on the same page. I chose not to go back in. Seemed like they were very unorganized in what they are looking for. One of the interviews is with an outside company consultant to make sure you are a good fit for the company. She seems to complicate things far beyond what they need to be, especially because she does not work in the field.

Project Delivery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Primera Engineers (Lisle, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied on line, emailed to set up interview. Interviewed with who would become a co-worker, group lead and a senior VP. Each came in and asked just a few questions each. Group lead was dressed like a slob, could have at least worn a button down shirt and khakis to look professional. But that was an indication of his management style.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None needed. Gave good salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primera Engineers (Lisle, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I sat in a room waiting to talk to 4 people. The vice president, and 3 of the lead electrical engineers at the lisle office where all the power distribution work is done. They each came into the room individually to ask a few questions and mostly tell me more about the position. It seemed to me like they were unprepared. They seem to just wonder what they wanted to ask, sometimes thinking long about it before having a question. Expect to lead the conversation during the interview.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primera Engineers.

Interview

Enjoyable process. Started with a call from the HR. Just your standard HR questions that you find online. Then went on to talk to the head engineer. He was a nice guy and easy to talk to. Mostly talked about my experience and how it can benefit them. Much more technical than the first interview though. The last interview I had was with the two lead engineers for my division. This was a Skype interview and wasn't too difficult but they definitely are gauging how well you will fit into the office at this point. It was like having a mix of the HR interview and head engineer interview. Some technical questions and some personality. I got my offer letter the next day.

Interview Questions

• Probably asking about why I want to work there. I'm not from Chicago so I had to convince them that I truly wanted to move out there and work for them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still going through it but from what I've dealt with so far I'm sure they will make it enjoyable.

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primera Engineers (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Excellent

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to primera?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I still dont know. in the process

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primera Engineers (Lisle, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I talked to several people during my interview at Primera Engineers. Interview seemed to be pretty informal. They go to a great length to explain what they do. They asked normal questions relevant to your experience. They may ask for explanation of something that is listed on your resume, so make sure you know exact wording or you have a copy of your resume in front of you.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me more about this project you worked on?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Primera Engineers.

Interview

Long and complex. Started with a group phone interview that was tough to manage as it was me and 6 people on a speaker phone. Then a half a day of interviews with the same several people. Then, another 2 hour interview with a consultant that they hire to assess your fit with their culture. Then another group interview, after which I was told they were 'not sure' they wanted to hire me. Another group interview where I gave a presentation. They then checked my references and told me that they would not make me an offer based on a negative reference. Upon calling this reference told me that it was not a negative reference and that the reference checker asked the same question several different ways. My reference felt that the reference checker was trying to determine if she was telling the truth or not and this had upset her. They asked her if she would rehire me and she said that she was retired and so that was a moot question, the interviewer took this to mean she would not but didn't clarify as such. Also, they contacted an old boss that I did not authorize them to contact and even he said he gave me a good reference. Point being, I believe I was denied the job because of factors other than my skill set and background, namely I'm female.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Primera Engineers (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

My interview experience with Primera was incredibly pleasant, start to finish. Their Talent Officer contacted me from my LinkedIn profile stating that Primera had a position available and she felt I would be a great fit. While I was not looking for a new job, I was intrigued. I had a list of initial questions about the opportunity as well as their expectations that may have put some potential employers off. Instead, she explained that she wanted me to get the answers I needed and set up a time for me to discuss my concerns directly with the COO. He called at the arranged time and was open and honest in his response to all of my questions. From there, we set up a time for me to come in and formally interview. I had a short interview with the Talent Officer and then met directly with the COO. Both were great experiences as they focused on asking good questions with genuine interest, rather than boilerplate and generic interview questions that yield boilerplate and generic responses.

I was asked to return again to meet with the President and an external consultant hired to gauge my fit with Primera's expectations and culture. My interview with the President was similar to the first two I had - pleasant, direct, and engaging. He, too, asked great questions with genuine interest. The consultant was extremely pleasant and easy to talk and work with. She explained her background, qualifications and her role in the process. This was my first time experiencing this type of interview, and I think it says a great deal about the company that Primera is. She, as an extension of Primera, was just as interested in my fit within the company as the company's fit for me and my career. They are looking beyond just a candidate's skill set, and I couldn't be more pleased to join a firm so interested in hiring the right people to maintain their culture and reputation.

The follow up and contact was quick, constant and appreciated. I needed time to update my resume and organize my portfolio and all involved were understanding and patient. The same applied when arranging my start date. I truly believe they went above and beyond in working with me so that the entire process was as painless as possible.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Primera Engineers.

Interview

Applied and within a couple weeks received invitation for phone interview with HR. Mostly behavioral questions, strengths, weaknesses that kind of stuff. Details about work experience. After A week, second phone interview with hiring manager. Mostly verified information from HR interview prior.