Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory Interview Questions

Interviews at Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.

Interview

The interview involves a technical talk of about 40 minutes and then individual or small-group discussions. The interviews tend to cover a range of topics from technical/scientific information to probing of personality traits. The interview results are then discussed by the search committee at some later date and they decide whether to make an offer. This latter process can take some time.

Interview Questions

• Typically, questions surrounded technical content of the interview talk and also probed the expected area of expertise if this is not identical to the technical talk.   1 Answer

Associate Research Physicists Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ) in November 2009.

Interview

Began with a phone interview where I spoke directly with my boss-to-be for approximately 45 minutes. I was then called back the next morning to schedule an on site visit and interview. The interview required me to prepare a 1-hour presentation on my graduate research followed by 15 minutes of questions. After my presentation I met with approximately 8 different people for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• When you make a mistake or something goes wrong for you, who do you talk to about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nope. Everything was fixed

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process for obtaining an intern position at this company consisted of several things. The best part of it was that I was able to write an essay or two or three and submit them instead of actually talking to anyone in person. In fact, this is not always the case at this location but in my particular instance I found that it was a great way to get in touch with my more creative side that likes to write instead of do physics.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (Princeton, NJ) in July 2019.

Interview

Interviewed and then never heard from them again. Not even an email letting me know that I wasn't selected. Took off of work, researched the company and then nothing!!

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (Princeton, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

Haha what a joke! They just make sure you can walk, talk, and run, and talk. That's pretty much the interview. They also give you a tour of the place and then sell you the idea your a good fit here.