Princeton University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Staff Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with several members of the HR department, some individually, some together with another staff member, after passing an initial phone interview. Some of the interviewers showed very thinly veiled disdain; I suppose it was not their particular choice to invite me for the in-person interview or they felt they had far better things to do. In another interview with two staff members, one very obviously zoned out, yawned(!), and showed a total lack of interest while his colleague took over to explain some things and while I talked. Is this on purpose? It certainly didn't seem like acting. While certain staff members showed professionalism and general cordiality, the rest left a very sour taste in my mouth for the university and had I been offered the position I seriously question whether I could have joined that environment. I do not anticipate seeking further opportunities at this institution.

Interview Questions

• Describe a success and a failure and what you learned from each.   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

In hindsight the interview was vague. It avoided committing to certain aspects of the job which therefore could be altered as they needed despite your life/needs. Be sure to be clear in what you can and cannot do/want. Bring a notepad to take notes and names to document. If you get the job do this for EVERY meeting

Interview Questions

• Do you think you're qualified for this job   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating!

Circulation Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

They only asked me behavioral questions about my non-academic life on campus and how good I am with time management. Because Firestone Circulation is always lacking people, she talked as if I had already gotten the job.

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Phone interview, then entire morning of meetings. Met with an HR rep and then had 6 30-min. interviews with different people in the department. Also took an online MS Word test and an Excel test, as well as a writing and spelling test.

Office Support III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

Had to come for 2 interviews and go out to lunch with department to see if I fit in with the people I would be working for. had to meet one on one and also with a bunch of different groups of people . first I had a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• they asked about my skills , whether I liked to work alone or as a team, what I had done at my past jobs , I think they were more interested in my personality as well as my skills. they wanted to make sure I would fit in with the group.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was called by HR and they offered me the job. I didn't negotiate, I accepted the offer.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Was asked a lot of soft questions with non-quantifiable answers to objectively compare competing candidates. The interview staff did not have the skill or understanding to evaluate my Web Development skills, so the focus was on interpersonal throughout most of the process. There was a technical exam, but once I was hired they admitted to not being able to actually evaluate the code I wrote (it was above the skill level of those involved and they were not going to invite others at the University into the process so they could).

Interview Questions

• How would you design a chicken?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Princeton University in August 2013.

Interview

Interview was started by a recruiter. He put me in contact with one of the developers that I'd be working with. I had a quick phone call interview with him. Interview went well. Second interview was with 2 developers via phone. This one went well also. The third and final interview that I had with them was a skype interview. I wasn't quite prepared as I think they were looking for specific coding examples and I didn't realize that was the purpose of the interview. It still went well though and was an overall good experience, they just went with someone else for the position.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult or unexpected questions. All the questions were relevant and expected for the position.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

"Screening" interview with Human Resources Dept. Questions weren't hard, pretty much as one would expect. The interview was entirely to learn more about me and provided no enlightenment about the position, although I said I'd like to know more. Information I was given during the interview about the hiring process has proven untrue. Was told they would hire someone within two to three weeks. It's now been seven weeks and no one's
    been hired. I've heard from all sorts of sources that Princeton University is inordinately slow to make hiring decisions, at least for non-academic positions, but I'm still surprised, given what I was told in this particular case. To stay sane, candidates shouldn't hold their breath and should pursue alternative employment aggressively.

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified to perform this job?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Princeton University.

Interview

Met with 7 people in 3 hrs.
    It was overall good. Got a great idea on the team and the employees being supported.
    Not too stuffy. Talked about my skills and some scenarios. It's been 2 weeks and no word. Hope to hear back either way. It was a lengthy interview.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Princeton University (Princeton, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Easy, simple questions, friendly environment. Be ready to talk about your qualifications and availability, as there is a big time commitment for the job. Otherwise not difficult, just be prepared to be interviewed by the entire office of roughly 8 people.