ProQuest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ProQuest

2.8

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ProQuest (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was 3 stages. The initial phone interview, an onsite interview, and a phone interview with the Senior VP of HR. At each stage of the interview, the questions asked were relevant and professional. There were no "If I shrunk you to the size of a nickel and put you in a blender" type of questions. This company is bound by the OFCCP Hiring Guidelines that are set forth by the federal government so the interview process is always well documented, fair and unbiased.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work with a difficult Hiring Manager.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ProQuest (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial call from HR, she asked have you got a chance to look in to our website. I said no, she said then we are not interested.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ProQuest.

Interview

Very difficult and length and multiple rounds. It took couple of weeks to go through the process.
    But overall a good experience, met group of very smart people. Had gone through multiple rounds of interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ProQuest in April 2017.

Interview

Initial call by technical HR. Discussion on phone call and he concluded that I am eligible for 2 openings in their org. So, he had scheduled a call with 2 directors of those teams. This is each a 30 min call, where we discussed about tech trends and my knowledge and interests on different technologies. Then a technical interview which focused on data structures, Core java, XML and JavaScript. After that i was asked to come for an onsite interview. They are very flexible as i said that I stay far from that location,they scheduled a web interview with their team. And HR had called me on the 10th day after my final round saying that they would like to offer me the position.

Be prepared with every line on your resume and that would suffice to crack the interview.

Interview Questions

• Horizontal scaling vs vertical scaling.
      Hashset related question.
      AWS and its usage in my project.
      Why exactly MongoDB?
      Experience developing any cloud based applications.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ProQuest (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. There were 4 rounds of interviews (program manager, QA manager, Dev, STEs). It was an half an hour each (total 2 hours of interview). I applied for a full-time contract role. It was a 6 month contract.

Interview Questions

• some SQL queries to write, steps to test a search engine.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ProQuest (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Meet with several team members in person after phone screen with in house recruiter when qualified more phone interviews and then in person interviews with the same people. The questions remained the same. Privacy was lacking the conference room had no ceiling so everyone in the office could overhear.

Interview Questions

• All generic interview questions, each person asked similiar questions, writing sample requested as well.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ProQuest (Miami, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Straightforward process. Interview with the direct supervisor for position and 2 levels above. Sometimes with the intervention of a HR specialist.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ProQuest.

Interview

Email confirmation for speaking with recruiter. Led to a scheduled 15-30min scheduled conversation. This was followed by a phone screen by a product team member. That process went well and was followed by a scheduled interview from 2-3hrs depending. I met with team members in two 45min technical/cultural fit sessions followed by a session with the principle developer which was remote. The session ended with the SQA team manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my knowledge level with Cassandra and other NoSQL implementations, interfacing and querying that system using Java, general questions about RESTful services and methods of testing them, some general SQL, big data systems I have worked with in the past, and Solr and its inner workings.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ProQuest (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

It took 5 interviews with various people in person and over the phone.
    When I met with 2 people to complete the 4th interview it was at restaurant where I couldn't eat because I didn't want to answer with a mouth full of food. (I would strongly suggest you do not go to a restaurant to interview).

Interview Questions

• Do you really want this job? I thought hmmmmm I wouldn't have applied had I not wanted the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very short-not much negotiating. I had actually accepted the position for $42K but then received $40K

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ProQuest (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy when I interviewed although it has probably changed now. The onboarding process is less clear. You have to pursue a lot of information on your own.

Interview Questions

• Talk about successes with previous employer.   1 Answer