Professional Service Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Professional Service Industries

2.0

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Professional Service Industries (Cleveland, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

I was overqualified for this position and was recommended by an employee, so the interview was more cursory than anything else.

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Professional Service Industries (Fairfax, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Fast track hiring & interview process. I applied online then recieve a response, came in for a interview, got hired after interview, then was sent for drug testing. Drug took 4 days to come back.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Professional Service Industries (Fairfax, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very easy, they call me for interview then when I was there at the time for interview, one person was there for interview before me, they didn't respect the my time. so it is like first come first serve.The manager didn't ask me about my experience, he just talked about about salary and benefit.

Interview Questions

• How much money you want to make?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was a negotiation process, but I discovered later they are not fair for all persons.

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Professional Service Industries (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Essentially, just went over my resume, then they explained the job some and what some policies were. This could be pretty basic stuff like paying travel costs if you end up having to take your own car. Once that was over, they asked about avaliabiility and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Civil Engineering?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Professional Service Industries.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 separate 15 minute interviews with corporate. After corporate interviews the program was explained in detailed. The employees are very friendly and do not make this interview process intimidating. The entire process was very smooth and enjoyable. Be prepared to ask a lot of questions and be sharp for this interview. The company seems like a very down to earth laid back company who works very hard in achieving an overall goal.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Professional Service Industries (Rolla, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview overall was not that bad. The type of questions that were asked were personality mostly however they did ask about classes in school. I felt that the person interviewing was very nice and not intimidating.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Professional Service Industries (San Antonio, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Ad on Craigslist, submitted resume via email and was called for an interview. Only participated in 1 interview with the Department Manage/Hiring Manager, Office Manager and 1 Staff Engineer. I received a call about a week or so later with an offer. The interview was pretty typical in my experience. This company is looking for loyal employees, so they want to hear about how you will proceed within the company or at least have a desire to advance. If you do not have an EIT, I would not apply for this type of position. If the job is for a graduate engineer, they will likely not be looking for a PE. I was told after the process that they were looking for someone they could train and groom for what they needed. If a Senior level position opens up, then a PE will be needed.

Interview Questions

• What is your engineering background? What electives did you take in college? What are your career goals? What do you know about Geotechnical Engineering?   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Professional Service Industries (Atlanta, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

Cold call, interview set up via email, only 1 interview, relatively laid-back, 2 managers at same time. Perceived company to be quite conservative but well-equipped with various computer-based systems to make work better organized and achievable. Perceived people to be friendly and fair, but with fairly high expectations.

Interview Questions

• They are looking for someone to manage projects and do technical work.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Professional Service Industries (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was less about my experience and more behavioral based. The interviewer spent the entire time taking notes. There were a lot of trick questions such as who was your worst boss, when did you not get along with someone, etc.

Staff Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Professional Service Industries (Oakland, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. Got a call from their administrative person a week later to schedule an onsite interview. Interviewed with department head who was hiring. Find out at the end that he think he's other department head is interested in hiring me. About another week later, I come back for another interview with the other department head + Regional VP for a different kind or related role. A few days later, I get sent to their corporate office in the mid-west since position is not offered to just anyone. Got to corporate office for basic interview but it was mostly to talk about salary.