Progressive Waste Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Progressive Waste

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Shreveport, LA) in May 2016

Interview

Interview with DM and SM. They asked about my experience and how I would go about carrying out the position with the company. They also asked why I was interested in getting into the trash business.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Coquitlam, BC) in Jan 2016

Interview

Negative environment. Discouraging questions but easy to answer they want to ensure you can handle working for a garbage company as the turn over rate is putting a huge amount of pressure and workload on the management teams that work the lower levels they have the highest pressure and workload. The driving interview was a cake walk nothing to worry about if you can drive a big truck and multi task you will pass, if you can`t don`t even bother trying....

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for a waste company picking up garbage ? Why do you want to drive a truck and pick up 800 bins of garbage a day ? Why do you want to work for a garbage company ?
  • Drug testing

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Lafayette, LA) in Dec 2015

Interview

Received a phone call, she asked me some questions, I answered them. She then set me up with a face to face interview on a later day. The whole phone interview lasted about ten minutes, but I was satasfied that I was offered to get another interview. I feel that the person doing the phone interview was on point about what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
  • What type of license did I have.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Windsor, ON) in Dec 2015

Interview

I applied online and they informed me through email that I'm pre-qualified for the job I applied for. They sent as well an evaluation questionnaire where series of questions has been asked. When all has been done and returned, a phone interview was scheduled. And now , am just waiting a call for a personal interview in local area where my application has been forwarded.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about work experiences , depth of knowledge of the position am applying for, my previous salary and the educational attainment I possessed.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (New Orleans, LA) in Sep 2015

Interview

Discuss the years of experience and leadership knowledge..and if i ever worked on their type of equipment before, also we talk about my back ground with the last company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chambersburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Chambersburg, PA) in May 2015

Interview

Long with intricate questions based upon your morals and ethics - definitely a change for the better. The branch manager and sales manager showed a lot of cohesion and directive. Great line of questioning and great opportunity to express your answer. Sales Manager was looking to obtain info in a friendly manner and get you know what makes you tick.

Interview Questions
  • What moves you as a person? What is your greatest personal sport memory? What could you have changed in your past during high school or college and how would you have done that differently?

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeton, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Bridgeton, MO) in Feb 2015

Interview

Process started with a recruiter, was passed the recruiter it was a three interview stage, meeting with the hiring manager the district manager and phone interview with Director of Sales. The process took roughly 3 weeks to complete before an offer was submitted

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to walk through a sales process, and then asked to send a one page power point describing my skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Slidell, LA) in Feb 2015

Interview

1) Applied online 2) Phone call from recruiter 2 days after applying to do phone screen 3) Interview with HR Director I wasn't selected to go further in the process, but the next step would have been an on-site interview so the interview process seems pretty straightforward for this company.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about a difficult internal customer that you had, how you worked through it, and what the outcome was. What would you have done differently, and what did you learn from it? Q: Walk me through the most difficult employee relations situation that you have handled. What was the situation? What did you do? Would you have done anything differently, and what did you learn from it? I was also asked about my experience in areas such as employee engagement, benefits administration, and safety. The interview itself was a combination of open-ended and behavioral-based questions. The interviewer herself was great and very down-to-earth. The only thing that could have made my experience better is that I had to find out I wasn't chosen for the next step by following up rather than receiving a communication from the company, but that is pretty much par for course now in the job market. When I did follow up, I received a quick response and it was very courteous.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (New Orleans, LA) in Feb 2015

Interview

Company explained that there was the potential for growth. Gave a lot of good statistical information. Hiring process is short. Motivated to hire people with experience. Asked about what I though my future with the company would be like. There appears to be room for advancement if you are willing to transfer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Progressive Waste

Application

I interviewed at Progressive Waste

Interview

Meet with HR. Meet with mid level management.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation in which management was wrong, but you were right. What did you do?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews