Progressive Waste Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Progressive Waste

2.4

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chambersburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Chambersburg, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Long with intricate questions based upon your morals and ethics - definitely a change for the better. The branch manager and sales manager showed a lot of cohesion and directive. Great line of questioning and great opportunity to express your answer. Sales Manager was looking to obtain info in a friendly manner and get you know what makes you tick.

Interview Questions

• What moves you as a person? What is your greatest personal sport memory? What could you have changed in your past during high school or college and how would you have done that differently?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Shreveport, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview with DM and SM. They asked about my experience and how I would go about carrying out the position with the company. They also asked why I was interested in getting into the trash business.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Finksburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Finksburg, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

It was not a smooth process. I had to do a lot of driving to three different locations for three separate interviews. During the first interview I was told I was to be considered for one position, and then later on they switched it on me so that I was actually being assigned to a lesser position. IESI corporate does not treat their "human resources" like humans. They will find any way they can to gyp you out of good wages. This level of unprofessionalism is rivaled only by Walmart.

Interview Questions

• How much would you like to make?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Evil

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Lafayette, LA) in December 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call, she asked me some questions, I answered them. She then set me up with a face to face interview on a later day. The whole phone interview lasted about ten minutes, but I was satasfied that I was offered to get another interview. I feel that the person doing the phone interview was on point about what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What type of license did I have.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeton, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Bridgeton, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Process started with a recruiter, was passed the recruiter it was a three interview stage, meeting with the hiring manager the district manager and phone interview with Director of Sales. The process took roughly 3 weeks to complete before an offer was submitted

Interview Questions

• I was asked to walk through a sales process, and then asked to send a one page power point describing my skills   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Slidell, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

1) Applied online
    2) Phone call from recruiter 2 days after applying to do phone screen
    3) Interview with HR Director

I wasn't selected to go further in the process, but the next step would have been an on-site interview so the interview process seems pretty straightforward for this company.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a difficult internal customer that you had, how you worked through it, and what the outcome was. What would you have done differently, and what did you learn from it?

Q: Walk me through the most difficult employee relations situation that you have handled. What was the situation? What did you do? Would you have done anything differently, and what did you learn from it?

I was also asked about my experience in areas such as employee engagement, benefits administration, and safety.

The interview itself was a combination of open-ended and behavioral-based questions. The interviewer herself was great and very down-to-earth.

The only thing that could have made my experience better is that I had to find out I wasn't chosen for the next step by following up rather than receiving a communication from the company, but that is pretty much par for course now in the job market. When I did follow up, I received a quick response and it was very courteous.   Answer Question

Diesel Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (New Orleans, LA) in September 2015.

Interview

Discuss the years of experience and leadership knowledge..and if i ever worked on their type of equipment before, also we talk about my back ground with the last company.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (New Orleans, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

Company explained that there was the potential for growth. Gave a lot of good statistical information. Hiring process is short. Motivated to hire people with experience. Asked about what I though my future with the company would be like. There appears to be room for advancement if you are willing to transfer.

Route Auditor Interview

Interview

Meet with HR. Meet with mid level management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which management was wrong, but you were right. What did you do?   Answer Question

Productivity Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progressive Waste (Austin, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by Division Manager, Operations Manager, Regional Sales Manager, District Manager and District Maintenance Manager and Regional Safety Officer. Very thorough and detailed interview but it was made comfortable for a relaxed exchange of information.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Negotiation

Able to negotiate salary, car allowance and commission/bonus