Project Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Project Consulting Group

Senior Project Manager - Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Project Consulting Group (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by in depth interview with account manager about the client company and the project. PCG then scheduled an onsite interview with the client. The day of the interview, the account manager accompanied me to the client location to facilitate an introduction. Then requested a post-interview follow up.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience with infrastructure projects and if I had worked with MN state government agencies   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Project Consulting Group (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2010.

Interview

I was referred to PCG through a current consultant and Partner. My interview process involved meeting with the sales and recruiting staff to review my resume, then re-work my resume with the sales team to really call-out strengths and skills. I had ample interview prep for on-site client interviews and, once placed, I was hired by PCG.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table that every other BA in this (stack of resumes) doesn't?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation. I was offered a very fair and reasonable package. The only "negotiation" involved me requesting a slightly different break-down of salary and hourly wage.

Project Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Project Consulting Group in December 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with one of the VPs. Phone interview was really easy and was asked for an in-person interview at the end of the call. Interview was EASY; it was just a conversation about my skills and past work history.

I was offered the job at the end of the interview, which is almost unheard of this day and age, but this is a small company, so I guess it makes sense.

I did not take it because of the salary+hourly rate pay structure and the fact that I wasn't 100% sold on consulting or the stabilty of the company. Also didn't care for the benefits either. You do not get a desk or anything at the office - this is consulting and you will work pretty much 100% at the client site, wherever that might be. If you really like consulting, this might be a great place to work - but it just wouldn't have been the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• There were no situational questions, which was refreshing. It was nice to just sit down and talk skills, so I really felt at ease.   Answer Question

RISKY. Just too risky. You are paid with an hourly + salary rate. You get BOTH when you are on a project. If you are not on a project, you just get the salary rate. Salary was VERY LOW ($25K and I am a professional with 14 years experience) -- but the hourly rate was great, and it added up to a reasonable figure. It just was simply too risky for me to jump from a F100 company to doing something like this and potentially have to live on a 25K/year salary. YIKES.