Provo City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Provo City

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Provo City (Provo, UT).

Interview

Process took about two weeks

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Provo City (Provo, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Ask a standard set of questions, trying to get to know you in 15 minutes to evaluate a career that could last years. At the end of the interview I was told that there would only be communication with me if I was hired. I later discovered that Provo City Library prefers to hire inexperienced young people rather than those with experience. If you are over 40, dont bother applying here as you will never be hired.

Interview Questions

• What is the last book you read?   1 Answer

Aquatic Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Provo City (Provo, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

The use behavior based questions. They just want to see if you'd behave appropriately in a management position. Make sure to demonstrate confidence in the way you speak.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out someone had done something against city policy?   2 Answers

911 Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Provo City (Provo, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I eventually received a link to a self-screening survey to judge if I was mentally and emotionally up to the job. After completing, I called to schedule a spot for the testing session a week later. The same day of the computer testing, I found out that I had passed and was scheduled for the first interview, which was with two dispatchers and a police detective. I felt like it went well, but they were looking for someone with a bit more longevity. I didn't get asked back for the second and final interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a phone call where someone is loudly using profane language and is hard to understand?   1 Answer

Recreation Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Provo City (Provo, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward interview, they wanted to know about my previous experience. They also had me prepare a marketing piece. I was interviewed by two people, and it was a comfortable environment. I did have to be persistent in order to get the interview, but once it was set up the whole process went fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to come up with an event that I would like to have in Provo.   1 Answer