Public Health Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Health Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

I first had a phone screening and was then brought in for an interview. The person who interviewed me was great and very informative, but I was not called back in. I wish she had emailed me so that I could follow up or if she could at least let me know that they had decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you failed and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Early Intervention Service Coodntor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Health Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for an initial interview, and then another interview with the director. It was a positive experience. They asked typical interview questions and everyone was very nice.

CAMS Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Health Solutions (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Went in at the end of September and had two interviews within three weeks of each other. I WAS OFFERED THE JOB AND ACCEPTED THE JOB at the end of October and was told to wait for the "official offer" from HR in about a week or so with a start date in mid November.

After I hadn't heard from anyone and the start date drew near, I contacted the hiring managers who responded saying that I should not give in notice at my current job and to continue waiting. It has now been four weeks and two emails later and I still have not heard from them.

Now that it was the end of Nov., I decided to call the hiring manager and was told that they recieved all my email inquiries in regards to what the delay was and I was then told "It is out of my hands sorry for the wait". Is that it? You are now telling me sorry for the wait, but are not telling me if you are still offering or not? Should I still be waiting?

Management, you are very unprofessional, unorganized and a disappointment!

I am warning anyone who is offered a job from PHS to be cautious. If it is this unprofessional and unorganized even before you start, how is it going to be when you actually do.

Interview Questions

• How was my time management?   1 Answer

Public Health Solutions Response

Dec 28, 2016 – HR Coordinator

We are very sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your experience at PHS. A rare and unforeseen circumstance arose that prevented us from being able to make a formal offer in a timely manner... More

Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Health Solutions (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The whole process was unsatisfactory. They notified me probably one week after I submitted online application and the interview was the week after. An african american lady came to get me at the door but she was not really kind. The interview was conducted by that african american lady and an asian lady in a small meeting room. The asian lady was much more nicer, she just asked me some normal interview questions such as introduce yourselves, why did you apply for this job, something like these, and shared some basic info of this position like commute and time schedule. The African american lady, she gave me a case analysis which was pretty confused because the question per se was hard and she kept rephrasing that question in different ways. One thing I felt bad about this experience was that, one week after I took the interview, I got another phone call which asked me if I was willing to take an interview for the exact same position that I actually was interviewed.

Interview Questions

• a woman, who has 1) a one year old baby 2) anemia 3) can't afford her rent, comes to you, what kind of suggestion will you give her?/what will you do?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Public Health Solutions (Corona, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with Nursing Supervisor. Interviewed with Supervisor and Director. They allowed me to sit in on one of their team meetings and met all the nurses. Afterwards I was asked to join the nurses on 2 visits prior to making my decision.

Interview Questions

Interview

First interview with supervisor, second with director. The first interview was easy, straight forward. They really want to hire people because of the high turn over rate. After you meet with the director for the interview. You will barely have any contact with her through put the job. It's a very top down job.

Interview Questions

• How does this job fit in with your career goals.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Public Health Solutions (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was lengthy. Three interviews in a span of three months. Then I did not hear back from them until two months later and was offered the job. Then one month for paperwork to process so that I can start.

Bilingual Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Public Health Solutions (Bronx, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I went to the Bronx office, to interview for the Bilingual Service Coordinator position. I was not expecting to have to fill out an application, but I did and I also had to type a business letter in both Spanish and English, as if I were already holding the position. The actual interview was not bad at all, the questions were standard interview questions, there were two women in the room, both very welcoming. They did tell me if called I will have to go to a second interview in the main building in Manhattan.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Public Health Solutions (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview followed by a face to face with three program managers. Everyone was friendly and asked general getting to know you and interest in the position type of questions. They were also interested in how detail oriented one is when working under deadlines. There is also a huge emphasis on customer service when working with contractors

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no opportunity for negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Public Health Solutions (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Typical interview questions, nice and pleasant interviewers. It was very short. Took about fifteen minutes. Asked a few questions about my experience. Two people interviewed. I thought it went well, but I didn't get the job, so maybe it didn't. They informed me 2 weeks after the interview - I would have applied to different places if they would have replied earlier.