Puget Sound Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Bellevue, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online immediately when the application opened and got a phone call a few weeks later to set up an in person interview. I went through the interview and a few weeks later got a call to let me know I was hired. Overall, it was quite a decent and easy interview experience. Everyone was really friendly.

Consulting Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Bothell, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a 2-man interview panel, with an assessment/test after interview. The panel had a list of questions, mostly regarding situations in my previous job that would apply to the PSE position. They also asked about salary requirements. Lastly, they asked which locations were preferred as offices that I may potentially be based out of.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you were faced with? How did you handle it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses.?   Answer Question

Associate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy.

Interview

I used an employee referral as a way to connect with PSE. A hiring manager contacted me by phone and had me come in to meet with the team personally. A couple weeks later I met with the hiring manager for a 30 minute interview followed by a second interview with the subordinates. The subordinates explained their roles at PSE and asked some behaviorial questions based on my prior work experience. Overall the experience was postive and I learned a lot about PSE and the employees seemed like they enjoyed their experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PSE?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Bellevue, WA) in September 2018.

Interview

Couple of telephone interviews, one with a recruiter and then panels of engineers to ask you about experience on site, test everyone makes you do here. Quite long process.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a pre-screening telephone interview which lasted around 10 minutes. A week later I was called to schedule an in-person interview with a panel of 4....this took around an hour to complete.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Redmond, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had an initial 30-40 minute phone screen. Later had an in person group interview with the hiring manager, his manager, and 3 team members. It sounded like normally there would have been some individual interviews. But since I was driving 4.5 hours it was one group interview, which was very considerate of them. The interviews were comfortable and the people easy to interact with.

Interview Questions

• How would you design our network?   1 Answer

I declined due to the overall salary and benefits. The initial offer came from the hiring manager and I was told one would come from HR after we "worked out the details". I countered the initial offer by 5k and was told there was no wiggle room in salary, though I was offered a signing bonus. The big factor on not accepting the offer was salary and how much Health Insurance costs would cut into the salary. For PPO coverage for a family it was going to be 11k annually out of my pocket, which is more than I'm paying now for a PPO, working at a smaller company than PSE.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy.

Interview

The interview was on the phone and I was offered the job that day. I was merely asked 'fit' type questions rather than any jobtask related questions. The call lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Whether I would accept an internship   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and heard back from the company. Flew out to Bellevue for the interview and talked to a panel of 3 people. Asked around 10 questions, mostly behavioral, one technical. Heard back within the week and accepted the offer. Had to take a drug test and background check.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy in May 2014.

Interview

Interview usually with 3 people, about a 45 minutes to 1 hour process. They ask mostly behavioral questions and a few questions about the basics of power. Also asked kind of off topic questions like "if you could have one superpower what would it be?" and "what is your favorite book". Seems like mostly looking for behavior during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to explain something technical to a non-technical audience.   1 Answer

Interview

Casual interview, went over resume and talked about experience. Very friendly. The interview was done by the supervisor and took less than 30 minutes. Typical questions like why do you want to work here, explain a work problem and how you resolved it, etc...I was contacted soon after and hired almost immediately.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Bellevue, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

Very informal interview. Fact based questions based on resume and then behavioral questions like if you have a problem with your team member, how do you handle it? I was first contacted by email for scheduling the interview appointment. That followed with the telephonic interview. Since I did not pass it, I don't know what the future steps are.

Interview Questions

• If you have problems with a team member how do you handle it?   1 Answer