Puget Sound Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.5

Engineer's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Lakewood, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with 4-5 simple questions about previous experience and strengths as an employee. Had an in-person interview scheduled a few days after the phone interview. Had a panel interview with the direct supervisors for the position. They were calm and enjoyable to sit with. Explained a question if it wasn't made clear originally.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you would do or say to make sure your understanding your priorities within your Job Description?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy.

Interview

The interview was on the phone and I was offered the job that day. I was merely asked 'fit' type questions rather than any jobtask related questions. The call lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Whether I would accept an internship   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Interview panel was with fellow PMs. Good, friendly attitude. Not trying to trick you with technical questions. They are just trying to understand your background and make sure you are a good match with the company's culture.

Interview Questions

• All questions were situation-based and answers are expected to follow the STAR technique (look it up online; nothing complicated, just a way to organize your thoughts and answers).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real room for negotiations.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Olympia, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Whole process took five weeks. I was an out of state candidate so the interview was conducted by phone with the hiring manager. Mostly informal interview with some behavioral questions. Did a second informal interview by Facetime with hiring manager to go over more details of the job.

Interview Questions

• If you had too many things to do with similar deadlines, how would you prioritize them?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Bellevue, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about 2 weeks later for an interview in person at their Bellevue headquarters. Interview was relatively easy and attire was casual with about 20 total behavioral questions and only one technical question. Another 2 weeks passed and I received an offer for the summer.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Bellevue, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online immediately when the application opened and got a phone call a few weeks later to set up an in person interview. I went through the interview and a few weeks later got a call to let me know I was hired. Overall, it was quite a decent and easy interview experience. Everyone was really friendly.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

There is a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an in person panel interview with three people who would have an interest in who was working the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your philosophy in correcting employee mistakes for those that report to you (or something like that).   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Bothell, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call 2 months later was asked to come in for testing, passed testing (typing test, personality test) was asked to interview, got a call next day and offered position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received feedback from a job, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interview

Casual interview, went over resume and talked about experience. Very friendly. The interview was done by the supervisor and took less than 30 minutes. Typical questions like why do you want to work here, explain a work problem and how you resolved it, etc...I was contacted soon after and hired almost immediately.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Redmond, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had an initial 30-40 minute phone screen. Later had an in person group interview with the hiring manager, his manager, and 3 team members. It sounded like normally there would have been some individual interviews. But since I was driving 4.5 hours it was one group interview, which was very considerate of them. The interviews were comfortable and the people easy to interact with.

Interview Questions

• How would you design our network?   1 Answer

I declined due to the overall salary and benefits. The initial offer came from the hiring manager and I was told one would come from HR after we "worked out the details". I countered the initial offer by 5k and was told there was no wiggle room in salary, though I was offered a signing bonus. The big factor on not accepting the offer was salary and how much Health Insurance costs would cut into the salary. For PPO coverage for a family it was going to be 11k annually out of my pocket, which is more than I'm paying now for a PPO, working at a smaller company than PSE.