Purple Land Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Purple Land Management Interview Questions

Interviews at Purple Land Management

2.3

Associate Landman Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purple Land Management.

Interview

One way interview with pretty basic questions: Why are you interested in becoming a land man? What do you know about Purple and how did you come about applying to this position?

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Purple and how did you come about applying to this position? Why are you interested in becoming a land man?   Answer Question

Associate Landman Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Purple Land Management in November 2018.

Interview

After I sent in a resume was contacted and asked to complete an online video interview. Had a week to do that and although it was different it was not anything very hard. Some questions you could re record your answer, others you only had one take.

Interview Questions

• What experience/classes make you think that you are qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

After I applied online I was contacted from the HR head about completing a one way video interview. This process was weird as I had to record myself answering pre set questions. Some of the questions allowed you to re record your answers, but sometimes you only got one take, which was nerve racking. Overall the questions were pretty easy and it turned out okay. After I completed that, I was told that they would call to schedule an in person interview if they were interested.

Interview Questions

• What experience/ classes have exposed you to this line of work to make you think you would succeed in the position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Purple Land Management.

Interview

Hiring began with one-way video interview, where you record video answers to prerecorded questions. First few are behavior based and the last few are timed and technical based. Researching basic terms of the field you are applying for would be helpful. Once past that, you are asked to interview in person with two members of management. Fairly easy interview process, more personality and background questions rather than technical questions. Unfortunately, despite listing the job as a full time position, they only offered an independent contractor position for you to "grow into", if you are "hungry". A classic bait and switch.

Interview Questions

• What is your background experience in title searches?   Answer Question
    • Why did you want to work in the petroleum/land management field?   Answer Question

Lease Buyer Landman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Purple Land Management (Canton, OH) in April 2018.

Interview

I got a call from an HR employee in Texas, to schedule an interview. Despite what the previous interviews say on here, I had a face to face interview with two managers, no computer interview. It was straight forward, what's your experience? Why do you want to work here? The interview was short and to the point. Their decision making seems nuanced and based on their feeling of someone at first sight. So make sure you use the right adjectives, wear the right color tie, and come across as charismatic. I received an email from HR a few days after the interview, stating I did not get the job, frustrating and discouraging.

Entry Level Landman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Purple Land Management (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview is online and you record yourself answering questions that are prompted on the screen. It feels pretty weird recording yourself answering interview questions. If they are interested in you they email you inviting you to take the video interview. The process takes about 20 minutes.

Title Landman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purple Land Management (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I received an e-mail with a link inviting me to complete a video interview, which was recorded rather than a face to face interaction. I was presented with about 10 questions, 8 of them behavioral and 2 technical questions. The questions appeared individually and allowed a certain amount of time to prepare an answer before the recording started. The process was awkward, especially if you are not used to speaking to yourself in front a video recorder.

Landman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purple Land Management (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had a brief skype type online interview that was pretty generic. Felt like they were just tired and going through the motions. It seemed like a pretty easy place to get hired. It was a pretty strange experience in that they didn't seems all that interested in getting to know you.

Interview Questions

• Some personality questions. Very few experience related questions   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Purple Land Management (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I was selected to do a video interview. I was then invited to a second interview with an upper management employee. The interview went great. I received an email that someone would be in touch with me within the next week for a third interview. A couple of days later, I received an email that the position had been filled. Staff is very friendly and the office is really cool. I did a walking tour around the office and met a lot of the staff.

The interview process took 2-3 months. PLM is horrible about staying in touch with you. Do not expect them to return phone calls and emails. PLM is very unorganized and mis-managed.

I would advise to steer clear of PLM. The feedback I have heard from others has been all negative when discussing PLM.

Interview Questions

• Name an advertising campaign and what would you change about it?

How can you help grow PLM's social media presence?

What do you think about our website?   Answer Question

Landman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Purple Land Management (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Phone Call, In person interview, met with one of the upper management guys on one day in Ft. Worth office, then got a call back the next day with my day rate. Was told it would be a contract position where I could work from home or set my own hours, but this was a lie and no contractor is allowed such an option, as most reviews will tell you.

If I could do it over again, I would not have worked here. it is a terrible organization, terribly mis-managed, they may have a nice new building, but where the money goes to maintaining a pretty image, they are seriously lacking in substance.