QTS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2018

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QTS in June 2016.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview process. Initially a phone interview then in person. The interviewers were friendly and helpful. Most of the questions were asking how current skills relate to the job needed. This seems like a great company to work for. The managers seem to value input and involve everybody in the process.

Datacenter Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QTS (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a long drawn out process to actually get the face to face interview. The manager was kind of a bore so I wasn’t that excited to hang out and talk to him

Data Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QTS (Suwanee, GA).

Interview

This place is a joke. Multiple interviews with not response from anyone after going in multiple times. Don't waste your time interviewing.

Met with different interviewers every time same format for interviews with multiple role questions and situational questions.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QTS (Overland Park, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

The process took approximately two months and after following up several times I was ultimately informed that although I was a finalist, there was a halt in execution for an offer for the position as it added headcount and they were unsure of the timeline of when they could fill the role. I went through hours and hours of interviewing with multiple employees in the department and taking unpaid time off from my current position to do so. If headcount was an issue, it would've been respectful of my, and the other candidates, time to have had the logistics ironed out before the position was ever posted. I did do a "test graphic assignment" and hope this entire process was not in place to bait free design work, I truly hope that was not the case as I felt the people were genuine.

Interview Questions

• I had many rounds, but most were questions on how I worked and what my technical skills were.   Answer Question

Security Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at QTS.

Interview

Applied to the position from LinkedIn. Forgot all about the position until maybe 6+ months later I received a call to schedule a phone interview. Extremely easy, just asking about yourself and experience. Then scheduled another phone interview with a director from a different location. Same thing, really.

It's been about 3-4 months now since that last interview and haven't heard really anything; yes or no.

Interview Questions

• Really nothing. It was all very basic if you knew your job and the position you applied for.   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QTS (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Excellent process and feedback during the interview and screening. Recommend a look at the company if you are in the IT field. Great leadership across the board for the company. Hands on and development program.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QTS in December 2016.

Interview

I went through 4 one hour long interviews with QTS. When QTS was recruiting me, they were prompt very responsive. The interviews went well and everyone seemed professional, but after those 4 interviews I never heard from them again. I was not even extended the courtesy of an email regarding the status of the opening. I have to say I was very disappointed that once they appeared to be no longer interested in hiring me it seemed that professional were no longer in order.

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QTS (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online via company website and received an abrupt follow-up call within a week requesting an interview for the following day. On the day of the phone screening, the interviewer called 22 minutes late and was anything but pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Quickly describe your professional background?   1 Answer

Very unprofessional and unbecoming of a public listed company to use resources so casually. The interviewer was not only 22 minutes late, but also did not acknowledge her tardiness nor did she introduce herself or the organization. The interview lasted less than 2 minutes.

DCO Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QTS.

Interview

Spoke with the manager in person for about an hour. Manager looked like he was dreaming about his retirement more than anything else. It was like pulling teeth.

CET Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at QTS (Piscataway, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was fast and aggressive. Spoke to a recruiter on a monday, a second phone interview with regional engineering manager hours later, and a final phone interview the next day with Hiring manager. Went in for in-person interview/facility walk through. Recruiter called me with an offer within 2 hours.

Unfortunately recruiter and management did not listen to me. They were aggressively seeking candidates to build a team. I explained several times that I had a job with a leading competitor and was happy with where I was, but if the opportunity seemed lucrative enough along with being compensated accordingly I would consider it. I was asked what I wanted financially and I gave them a number and they did not meet that number so I politely declined.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a chiller plant operation
      What is a Cooling tower?
      How do you handle working in a team environment?
      How do you handle negative co-workers?   Answer Question