QTS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QTS Interview Questions

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QTS in June 2016.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview process. Initially a phone interview then in person. The interviewers were friendly and helpful. Most of the questions were asking how current skills relate to the job needed. This seems like a great company to work for. The managers seem to value input and involve everybody in the process.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QTS (Overland Park, KS) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in house twice. First, I went in for an interview with the hiring manager. Then I was called back to meet several people in leadership positions within the finance organization. After, I never heard back from them. I would have thought that in consideration for my going in twice, including investing a half day of PTO for the 2nd interview, I would have received some sort of communication about the resolution of my candidacy. All they have to do is send a one line email stating they have selected another candidate. Simple professional courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about my background to understand my skill level.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QTS in December 2016.

Interview

I went through 4 one hour long interviews with QTS. When QTS was recruiting me, they were prompt very responsive. The interviews went well and everyone seemed professional, but after those 4 interviews I never heard from them again. I was not even extended the courtesy of an email regarding the status of the opening. I have to say I was very disappointed that once they appeared to be no longer interested in hiring me it seemed that professional were no longer in order.

Facility Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at QTS (Princeton, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a recruiter they hired. He prepped me for the interview and made me feel comfortable. The interview was a little awkward because it was in a hotel conference room. 2 people interviewed me at the same time They mainly asked me to sell myself. They asked about machinery I have used and what my long term goals were. They hired me on the spot. The sad thing was I wasn't interviews by the people I would work for and out of the people that interviews me one left before I even started. Many promises of shift times and special programs and trading were made. They were not held up on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations just an offer letter that was vague. Make sure you ask for specifics and read it carefully. It can and will be used against you.

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at QTS (Reston, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Really strange. One of the few interviews that I ever came out of where I felt smarter and more qualified than everyone I met. The interviewers did not seem particularly well prepared, nor were they really able to articulate why QTS is better than their competitors. They kept throwing out this "Powered by People" slogan which is really just that... a slogan, not a strategy.

Interview Questions

• They try to ask a lot of touchy, feely questions rather than understand your knowledge level, professional experience, and past success areas.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Difficult. They really don't want to pay going salary rates which made salary negotiations harder.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QTS (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

It was an initial phone interview - a meet and greet to ascertain is I had the necessary base skills to fulfill the position. The interviewer briefly described the role then asked me to tell me about myself and how I was uniquely qualified to fill the position being advertised.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and how you're qualified for this position.   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QTS (Overland Park, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

The process took approximately two months and after following up several times I was ultimately informed that although I was a finalist, there was a halt in execution for an offer for the position as it added headcount and they were unsure of the timeline of when they could fill the role. I went through hours and hours of interviewing with multiple employees in the department and taking unpaid time off from my current position to do so. If headcount was an issue, it would've been respectful of my, and the other candidates, time to have had the logistics ironed out before the position was ever posted. I did do a "test graphic assignment" and hope this entire process was not in place to bait free design work, I truly hope that was not the case as I felt the people were genuine.

Interview Questions

• I had many rounds, but most were questions on how I worked and what my technical skills were.   Answer Question

Datacenter Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QTS (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a long drawn out process to actually get the face to face interview. The manager was kind of a bore so I wasn’t that excited to hang out and talk to him

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at QTS (Duluth, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

HR recruiter noticed my profile on LinkedIn, reached out, set up a call, and was quickly scheduled to have a phone interview with Hiring Manager. From there, in-person interviews were set up. At the in person interviews, I was supposed to meet with 4 people. The first person was unaware that he was to call me, as he was in another office location. He seemed irritated, but we completed the interview. The second person was very professional, great rapport, but I was told that the 3rd person had a delayed flight, and couldn't meet, and that the 4th person wasn't able to meet. I was told by an HR associate that they would reach out to set those up again. After a day, I reached out to the Hiring Manager, who said they would just use the feedback from the 2 interviews I did have, and get back to me with next steps. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Questions about accomplishments on my resume.   1 Answer
    • No unexpected or difficult questions.   1 Answer

Security Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at QTS.

Interview

Applied to the position from LinkedIn. Forgot all about the position until maybe 6+ months later I received a call to schedule a phone interview. Extremely easy, just asking about yourself and experience. Then scheduled another phone interview with a director from a different location. Same thing, really.

It's been about 3-4 months now since that last interview and haven't heard really anything; yes or no.

Interview Questions

• Really nothing. It was all very basic if you knew your job and the position you applied for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QTS in July 2014.

Interview

The process started with an HR screen, followed by a technical phone screen, and ended with a long on-site interview with several members of management and the data center operations team.

Interview Questions

• You are assigned to fix a server that's unresponsive. Walk me through your process.   1 Answer