Quinnipiac University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Quinnipiac University

2.2

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

The position was a short -term, one semester. The Department chair contacted my school and inquired if there were available candidates to take the position. Given my background, I was the logical choice. The school and the department were extremely gracious and hospitable. it was the best interview that I have had before or since in its polite and yet thorough vetting process. I would recommend this school as a place to teach.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard: research interest, dissertation topics, ideas re teaching.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to get a good salary with full benefits.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

I was referred to the department through a colleague at another university. I contacted the department head and was asked to come in for an interview later that week. Questions based on my teaching experience, style, and philosophy were asked. My availability was also gone over during the interview. It was a very comfortable, fairly informal, experience as the department head lead the interview more as a conversation with questions and answers versus an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching philosophy?   Answer Question
    • How will your background experience in teaching and research benefit our students?   Answer Question
    • How will your experience cater to the diversity of the student population?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

Just the usual hiring process with phone interview, on campus interview, teaching session, Q&A session, lunch, dinner and various meetings throughout the 1-2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why must we hire you When the question was obvious, my skills and experience was exactly what they were looking for. They then probed on and on about this at interview!!   1 Answer

Library Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT) in June 2008.

Interview

It was a 1 on 1 interview, where questions were asked. Most of the questions regarded my timeliness and dedication to jobs I have had in the past.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Quinnipiac University (North Haven, CT) in January 2011.

Interview

You work in an office.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT).

Interview

Went through two interviews before being offered the job. Response time was quick, only took about two weeks after applying before I heard from the University. You will need to take a computer skills test.

Interview Questions

• Typical question about why you want to work for the university, what you can bring to the table, etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation because there is a union for the secretaries.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT) in April 2018.

Interview

Very professional. Was given a wonderful tour, had back to back meetings pre-set up with staff, and was asked if I needed a break with water a few times.

Interview Questions

• Asked about why I was leaving my current job   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process begins with an application to the Department of Residential Life. After the initial round of application reviews, applicants that move on progress to a 2-day session of interviews. The first session is a group round where you are interviewed with other applicants. If you make it past the group round, the second day is an individual interview session.

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT) in August 2013.

Interview

Very friendly and straight forward. More of a conversation than an interview. They want to know the personality of the candidate more than just picking apart a resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you've had to do in your life?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT).

Interview

Interview process was extremely lengthy. 6 weeks after applying online, I received an email from hiring manager asking to set up a phone interview. One week after phone interview, I was invited up to Quinnipiac for face to face interview, tour of campus, and to present on a relevant issue. 5 weeks after in-person interview, I received email that I did not receive job. The interview process would have been ok had it ended there, but I am STILL (2 months after interview) waiting for reimbursement of expenses related to in-person interview. I continue to interact with the hiring manager and administrative assistant to follow up on where the check is...a bit awkward. Note to any out-of-towners applying to Quinnipiac: If they offer to cover expenses related to getting to interview, be prepared to wait several months before receiving reimbursement. I'm just glad I chose the $500 1-stop flight vs the $1400 non-stop flight! Who knows if I'll ever get my money...