R1 RCM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at R1 RCM (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process turnaround time very quick. Interview consisted of interviewing with hiring manager and peers that I would be working with on a daily basis within the department. Also there were a lot of behavioral questions referencing management styles. The group was very friendly and could easily relate to challenges with various payers and my experiences regarding trended resolutions.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about your revenue cycle experience?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at R1 RCM.

Interview

Went on 5 interviews with the company 3 phone and 2 Skype and lots of communication between. After my last interview radio silence . No response to email follow up and this was after being told that I would be a good fit for the company. I realize not all applications get a response but after 5 interviews which seems excessive to begin with , something from the recruiter would have been preferable to the automated we have closed your application email. Incredibly unprofessional and a waste of time

Brand Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at R1 RCM (Chicago, IL) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen that went really well. After I was asked to send examples of my work to the Recruiter and Hiring Manager. After that I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. The on-site interview was a series of 1-on-1 interviews with 2 managers, and my direct report.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at R1 RCM.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter, we set up a call a couple of days later, and then I was set up for a call with the manager shortly after. Both were quite nice and answered my questions well. The recruiter specifically said they’d keep me in the loop regarding next steps and wouldn’t ghost me but... it’s two months later now and I haven’t heard a word from them. As a recruiter myself, I’m a bit disappointed to see a lack of follow up in the process when I was told I’d hear back one way or another. A little respect goes a long way.

Product Owner Interview

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter with whom I had worked on separate roles while this recruiter worked for another company. When this recruiter was working at this other company, he was astoundingly unprofessional and, I hate to use this word but it fits: unskilled. He was unorganized, uninformed, unsure, and didn't display a level of control I'd expect one to have over their jobs. This was years ago, so when I received an email from him this past week, I figured he had probably gained some more experience and it would be a better overall experience. His email explained that he saw my resume and thought I may be a good fit for a role he was looking to fill. I responded that the role probably wasn't the right fit as it was more of an entry-level role and I am a senior-level manager at this point (one of us has improved and built our careers since the last interaction we had a few years ago). He responded with a canned email response that encouraged me to apply via a link. It became clear the first email was a form email and the second was another intended to be a response to someone saying they were interested. I responded explaining it was clear he hadn't changed. R1 is clearly pulling from the bottom of the barrel for their talent staff which is inherently a bad practice as these are the folks screening applicants. If your gate keepers are low quality, it's unlikely you'll find quality candidates.

Leadership Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at R1 RCM.

Interview

I heard back from a remote recruiter and was scheduled for an initial phone screening a couple days after applying online. I was then scheduled for an in-office interview with 2 people who were in different departments and in lateral positions. They pretty much explained to me that the company had lost their senior leadership and were forced to work from the ground up; I wasn’t sure if they were selling the position to me or if they were trying to discourage me from working there. I had a separate phone interview with a remote manager on the phone and then once again with someone in the office. Once again they had their mind made up before I showed up and let me know I was not going to be hired for the position I applied to. Overall, the recruiting team (remote in Utah, I believe) was awesome and super communicative. The office staff is pathetic and give off xenophobic vibes. Leadership has nobody of color and that was a red flag. I’m not salty about the situation, and I’ve realized I dodged a bullet by not being offered to work there. I’d stay away.

Interview Questions

• They ask the most basic and generic interview questions because they don’t know what they’re doing. If you’re like me, you might even have a phone interview with “Dan” who was asking questions as they came to his head and ignoring my responses.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

There was a phone interview and two onsite interviews. I spoke with a Recruiter and met with multiple individuals of the HR and recruitment team. However, I never heard feedback and it wasn't a positive experience. During one of my meetings with an interviewer they provided me with the opportunity to ask questions, however every time I asked questions about the position or culture, the topic was changed and my questions went unanswered. There was a lack of professionalism and that was only confirmed by never hearing back from the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about revenue cycle management? What do you know about R1? Tell me about a project you lead and the outcome? Walk me through your resume/experience.   Answer Question

Patient Access Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at R1 RCM (Nashville, TN) in August 2019.

Interview

A lot of interviews, a lot of redundancy in the questions. Didn’t seem like a lot of communication or trust between management. I also went to the hospital ahead of time to look around. The staff was extremely rude including the hiring manager. I could have been a patient, it was not an environment I would want to work at.

Patient Access Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at R1 RCM in August 2019.

Interview

Easy, phone pre recorded. Was nervous but they don’t know that because it’s a bot but I rocked it and so can you! Is this Thirty words yet? Is this thirty word yet?

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at R1 RCM.

Interview

I have never felt like my time has been so disrepected. I first phone interviewed with two differnt associates. When I was brought on-site, I spoke again with the same two associates. I talked to one for not-even 15 minuets before she asked if I had any questions. When inquiring about the jobs duties and day-to-day, I got all of a 30 second explanation. Overall a terrible interview process.