REC Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.7

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at REC Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by email to schedule an initial phone interview. Second phone interview was of a technical nature to verify skills/abilities. Third interview was face-to-face with HR rep, REC paid for my travel arrangements to/from that city (2 hour flight). Finally received an offer of employment approx. 2-3 months after initial application.

Interview Questions

• How can your past experience help you to meet the goals of this project?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moses Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REC Group (Moses Lake, WA).

Interview

There were two phone interviews with HR person and engineering manager. I was invited onsite for about half day interview with various site mangers. I mainly discussed my resume experiences. Fast and fair process.

Interview Questions

• Discussed past resume experiences. Discussed FMEA, RFC experiences in past jobs.   Answer Question

Materials Engineer - PhD Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at REC Group (Moses Lake, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

The on-site interview consisted of a presentation and 4 individual interviews. The first 3 senior employees that interviewed me were good. The last interview was with the VP who asked me many illegal questions regarding my background and some political questions. He was very weird. I didn't like the questions asked by the VP, and I knew after I finished my interview that I'll not join the company.

Interview Questions

• The VP asked me:
      -Where are you from?
      -Why did you move to the U.S.?
      -Are all of your parents in the U.S. or are they still back home?
      -Would you go back home to work there in the future?   1 Answer
    • The VP also asked:
      -What part of you country are you from?
      -Were you back home when the last war happedned im your country?
      -How was the war?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REC Group in July 2014.

Interview

Had two phone interviews then on-site interview. Before interview on-site, I was toured in the area. Typical interview questions. Interview took about two hours. Four interviewers in the panel. Got a call 2 hours after interview about the offer.

Negotiation

They have great offer so accepted the offer with no negotiation.

Tech Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moses Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at REC Group (Moses Lake, WA).

Interview

Interviewed with HR (basic interview stuff) then with the employees I was to work with . This was nice b/c then I knew right off if I would fit in with them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Sent me an offer letter which implied regular salary increases. I signed it. Later I asked about the increases and they didnt really exist.

Op Ex Leader (LEAN) Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REC Group (Moses Lake, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

was contacted by an executive recruiter (who btw, wanted a lot of private information prior to the phone screen) who then set me up with the HR recruiter for REC. had a rather hostile phone screen with the HR rep for the company. she had a rather arrogant attitude, and considering she really wasnt a technical person, i really dont know where her arrogance came from? obviously she didnt feel i was a "Fit" as i just now received a email saying they will not be proceeding with my candidancy.
    and judging from the company stock and additional reviews on this company, they may have been doing me a favor.

Interview Questions

• i inquired to the stability of the company, asking her to explain the plant closures in norway (their homebase). there were three of them. this is when she got rather hostile and said rather loudly that "they are not affiliated with us...."
      this is a lie. they are affiliated with you or were affiliated with you. this most likely the reasoning that the other reviewers talk about stability and people moving on...   Answer Question

PSM Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REC Group (Moses Lake, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

The first interview was a telephone interview about 40 minutes. The interviewer wanted to know how much experience I had with different safety management issues,

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moses Lake, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REC Group (Moses Lake, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

Pretty standard. Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with hiring manager, on site-interview and tour. Then 1:1 interview with HR and then about 4-6 people between management or peer level for 30-45 minutes. They also had managers take me out to lunch and a peer level employee take me out to dinner. Overall was a pretty average experience. For some groups in research I think they require a technical presentation in addition.

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at REC Group (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Mass interview at a university with a manager only; question are more like of a general questions like describe yourself, why you want to work with us, why should we select you those kind of stuffs. A week later selected for 2nd interview with a director - friendly questions to get you loosen up followed by leadership questions. 3 days later, HR call for confirmation.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REC Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview focused on the technical part. I was interviewed by 2 managers and 1 senior engineer. The interview was scheduled at 9am but was delayed till 10am due to their busy schedule. They asked mostly technical questions for about one hour. There is no bus or train goes to the company so one need to take about 15mins taxi from the Joon Koon station.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about PN junction and Semiconductors   Answer Question