RF Binder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RF Binder Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RF Binder (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my application via email. Two weeks later, I received an email to set up a phone screen interview with a member of the team. Three weeks after my phone interview I received an email for a writing test that they gave me two weeks to complete. A week after I submitted my writing test I received a request for a final round of interviews, which I completed virtually. I met with three people of all different levels and then completed a timed writing test. All together the final interview took 2 hours. The HR departments was very good about communicating with me when they were making decisions, but I ultimately ended up accepting another position before I heard back about my decision.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RF Binder (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process takes about two months. First there is an online application then a phone Interview then a writing assignment and finally an in-person interview with three employees. At the end of the in-person interview you will be required to write a press release. Everyone was very nice. The in-person interviews were more conversational than formal.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose a career in PR?

What clients are you interested in?

Are you competitive?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RF Binder (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied to RF Binder after meeting with an Alum on campus. The company is wonderful went through a Phone Screen, Writing Sample, then in person interview 1 on 1's with 3 people at the offices then was asked to complete a second writing sample.

Interview Questions

• What would you title your Blog if you do not already have one.   1 Answer

Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RF Binder (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

First round included submitting resume, next was a writing assignment (two essays), then asked to the office for three interviews, a writing assignment/grammar test, and an interview with HR. Everyone I met with during the interviews was extremely friendly and welcoming. They did not ask any questions to try and trick me. They were genuinely interested in why I wanted to work at RF Binder and why I wanted to get involved with a career in PR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RF Binder (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a few rounds of the process that included a basic interview, a writing assignment, and then a final interview round to be on Skype or in person. You spoke with a few people in the office and then completed a timed writing assignment.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in past experience, coursework, and how you gather news.   Answer Question

Accepted a different offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RF Binder (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Applied using an employee referral. After reviewing my resume, they asked me to complete two short writing assignments. After, I was called in for an in-person interview session in the afternoon at their offices in NYC.

I met with 3 interviewers of various levels in the company and then was asked to do a short grammar test and writing assignment (same question as the previous writing assignment I had submitted - they just want to see how you write on the fly), and then had an conversation with HR.

Overall, very pleasant experience!

Still waiting to hear their decision...

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RF Binder.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, includes a phone interview, case study, writing test, and skype/in-person interview, though I only made it to the case study round. Overall interviewers were very friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical interview questions such as, why PR? What was your favorite class you've taken? Etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at RF Binder (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

terrible, they make it seem that they are all solicitous and generous but in the end you realize that it is all a smoke screen. They promise a great, solicitous culture, but they pvovide nothing of the sort.
    They are gossipy, hateful, spoiled, archaic people whom only want the greater good form their high paid executives.

Negotiation

it seemed fine up front, they spoke all the correct language, but it was all just BS in the long run. Dysfunction, predjudice, malice and lies.

Manager Interview

Interview

Very strong and detailed

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at RF Binder (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Extensive interview process with a series of in-person interviews as well as a writing test. Make sure you know a lot about the company and are excited by the prospect of extensive media relations. Your personality is also important as they will want you to show that you are capable of being casual and conversational while still retaining a level of professionalism.