KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

RF Binder Reviews

Updated May 19, 2022

Found 66 of over 70 reviews

3.5
RF Binder CEO Amy Binder (no image)
Amy Binder

The latest conversations about Advertising

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Positive Workplace

May 19, 2022 - Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

To start, I’d recommend working at RF|Binder. I’ve been shocked by the positivity the team has and the opportunities offered. RF|Binder is truly a company that values its employees and listens to them. I’ve expressed interest in trying to grow certain skills and my manager has focused on having me help with opportunities focused in those areas. I also know several employees that expressed interest in being on different accounts and within a few months changes were made. What’s more, the team is incredible. On top of having a great mix of senior, mid and junior level employees, RF|Binder is awesome at being sure to avoid hiring those with big egos. I haven’t heard of any drama or issues between employees during my almost year at the company. Also just to quickly address some of the more negative reviews, I notice those are from several years ago and the company now has a director of talent and other senior leaders who really value employees. I also work relatively closely with senior leadership and they seem to respect team members of all levels. There’s also a pretty good work life balance - but that also means you need to be able to set your own boundaries and have a good understanding of priorities.

Cons

I do wish Junior level staff were given more vacation days (we get 15) but I also recognize RF|Binder has a generous holiday policy plus additional days off throughout the year. But would be something to consider since it seems a little unfair that PTO days are based on years of experience, but maybe that’s normal.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

RF Binder Response

Thank you for the great feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you have had such a positive experience at RF|Binder. We work hard to foster a supportive culture that is focused on one's growth, interests and passions, striving to have people work on accounts that excite them and provide opportunities that are aligned with long term goals. We really appreciate your thoughtful comments and suggestions and are regularly evaluating our benefits to ensure that we are best in class. Reviews mean a lot to us as a "people-first" organization and we are constantly striving to improve the employee experience at RF|Binder.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Author your own future!

Apr 6, 2022 - Director in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone here is so supportive and willing to help you learn and grow. Everyone has access to leadership and other high level mentors. You are encouraged to explore and try new skills and work closely with your manager to design your own career trajectory. The people and culture are great and the benefits are awesome too. Fun bonding activities help us feel connected even when we are/have been working remotely.

Cons

No cons - best place I've worked

SMD

Thank you for your very positive comments. They mean a lot to us, as one of our top priorities is to create a work environment that can give all members of our team at RF|Binder the opportunity to thrive and grow both personally and professionally. Input like yours is very gratifying and makes us feel that we are on the right track. Thanks again. -RF|Binder team

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Experience, Certain People Thrive Here

Aug 3, 2021 - Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

RFB is a great organization to start your career. You will get a ton of experience working across a range of clients and you'll get the opportunity to touch many different industry sectors and develop skills. The agency is fairly linear in terms of operation and everyone is willing to jump in and help you learn. The people you work with are the greatest part of the job.

Cons

RFB is a very fast-paced, client-first agency. If you're someone who believes in council or pushing back on clients, that is not the culture here. Account teams are expected to bend over backwards and work around the clock to provide for clients. In typical agency fashion, people leave fairly often but the firm doesn't fill staffing gaps fast enough. They expect current staff to step in and step up while already being spread thin while they increase the new business pipeline. You'll be overworked, exhausted, and burnt out extremely fast but everything will be presented as an opportunity so you don't catch on.

SMD

Thank you for your thoughtful comments and feedback. RF|Binder strives to create an environment where people have the opportunity to thrive and grow along with colleagues who are passionate about what they do, excited to help each other out and drive to make an impact every day. We value and consider all reviews in order to continually improve RF|Binder and appreciate the opportunity to address your specific concerns. First, we are committed to creating a positive and supportive environment where every team member feels they are getting the opportunities to learn and grow. To this end, we are continually focused on hiring great talent to meet the needs of our business and ensure our colleagues have the support they need to conduct excellent work. We review staffing capacity on a regular basis and continually check in with our team members on how they are doing and what they need. We do have a number of active searches in place and are committed to increasing our staffing levels as our business continues to expand and to fill vacancies. Second, RF|Binder is committed to fostering a workplace environment that promotes inclusivity and celebrates diversity. We recognize that while diversity and equity are foundational principles of our organization, we have more work to do to ensure we have more BIPOC representation at all levels of our organization, including at our most senior levels. We have developed an action plan, outlined in our 2019-2020 biannual purpose report, showing how we will make these intentions a reality, and have been working hard on these initiatives since. Thank you again for your contribution and feedback. RF|Binder team

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Salary

Jan 11, 2022 - Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

inclusive of all benefits (e.g., healthcare, 401k matching).

Cons

No cons at the moment.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Friendly colleagues, great work/life balance

May 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small firm Friendly colleagues who genuinely care about you Work/life balance Flexibility/ability to work remotely

Cons

Small firm which could be a con for individuals looking for bigger, global firm experience

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Well-positioned for the future

Feb 13, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

--Company has a real vision for the future --Research-based, data-driven --Investing in personnel --High level of senior involvement in all account work --Collaborative environment leads to good camaraderie within the office; teams work well together, leading to strong client work and support both internally and externally

Cons

--Work can be demanding and some days can be long; but that's somewhat expected in the communications industry

SMD

Thank you for your helpful comments and your support for what we are trying to achieve! We really appreciate your feedback. We are dedicated to making RF|Binder a unique place where people have the opportunity to learn, develop, grow, and have a positive impact. We are constantly striving to improve and work hard every day to achieve our mission and purpose. We value every member of our team – each person is critical to making all this possible. Best Regards, -RF|Binder team

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place to advance your career

Aug 12, 2014 - Management in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been in the PR industry for over 10 years and RF|Binder is the best agency I've ever worked in. Environment is supportive, collaborative, fun and account teams are made up of some of the smartest, most creative practitioners in the industry. Most of senior management has been with the company for a decade or more and many mid-level staff have started at RF|B out of college and never left. The company is very career oriented and junior people have the opportunity to work directly with senior people and clients so I think there is a a high expectation for people to perform but those who can hold their own and are bright, have good ideas, a great attitude and can write well will thrive and move up quickly and be compensated very well. The company is also patient with those who aren't necessarily on the fast track and will work with their skill sets to help them thrive. People work hard and put in the hours - such is the nature of a fast paced client services agency in NYC but employees also play hard and are rewarded for their hard work with generous raises, off cycle promotions, parties, happy hours and more. If you want to work on top brands with smart, creative people in a mid-size firm with no red tape, this is a great place for you to advance your career.

Cons

Hours are not flexible but generous vacation policy makes up for it.

7 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Manager

Nov 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are a proactive person, you will succeed. There is no limit to what is possible if you are willing to speak up and get stuff done. You can ask for what you need, share what you think and bring ideas to the table no matter what your level. You have an open door to senior leadership. If you bring them a solution to a problem, they will let you execute it. This is extremely rare and my absolute favorite thing about RF|B. Some have said people play favorites but it's not actually about that. It is about character, attitude and your commitment to driving the business forward not just your to-do list. Great brands that do interesting work. Your senior lead will be really involved with you and everyone on your team has great relationships.

Cons

It isn't for everyone. You aren't going have your hand held and patted on the back all the time. Speedy, speedy environment that can sometimes be over whelming. To be successful you have to be business orientated and have the maturity and ability to see perspective beyond your own. This can be difficult when you are growing and young in your career and it is expected of everyone. If you can learn and adapt to have this skill though you will be a stronger employee no matter where you end up! So con or pro - you decide.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of Positive Changes in Recent Months

Nov 6, 2015 -  in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined RF|Binder during an interesting time. Many senior leaders had left the agency to move on to different opportunities, not because they didn’t enjoy their jobs, but because they had been here for a long time and it was time to move on. Since then, RF|Binder made some hires who also didn’t work out for culture fit reasons, but right now the agency is heading in a really good direction. They’ve re-structured their HR department to include one person who can focus on recruitment, and a second person to run training, engagement and overall culture. They are re-working their performance review process and the CEO has made some strides toward implementing more flexibility. From where I sit, it seems like employees have voiced their concerns and the CEO and the senior leaders are listening. I’ve read some of the reviews and many people seem to point out favoritism. The reality is, favoritism is inevitable no matter where you work. If you do a good job and if you work hard, naturally you will emerge as a favorite. I think the reward for favoritism is more work I think the hours are to be expected, but some people work longer hours not because their clients are demanding, but because they may not be as efficient or as quick as others when completing tasks.

Cons

Need more push back on clients.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice people but poor management and hard work is not rewarded

Sep 16, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people are extremely nice and friendly, making the overall atmosphere of the office quite nice. Collaboration is encouraged and the company does a lot to ensure a fun environment. As a junior level employee, you have a lot of access to senior management.

Cons

While a lot of the employees at the agency are nice, some are clearly far more intelligent than others and some clearly work harder than others. Regardless of this fact, all junior level employees are promoted at once, regardless of the volume or quality of their work. Good work is verbally praised, but never expect any monetary reward for staying late every day and working on more accounts than your peers. You have to wait to be promoted as a group. This causes the top talent to get frustrated because they must wait to promoted alongside people who have not worked nearly as hard as them and who do not bring nearly the value. Aside from that, managers have a really hard time managing client demands. Managers say yes to every single request, and, as a result, a huge burden is placed on junior level employees...not to mention this isn't a very profitable way to do business. The client is always right and a lot of times managers have trouble properly consulting them on what they've been hired to consult with. Instead, they say yes to the strategy laid out by the client, even if it doesn't make sense.

5 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Reviews

RF Binder Reviews FAQs

RF Binder has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 70 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at RF Binder to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, RF Binder employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at RF Binder. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

60% of RF Binder employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated RF Binder 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at RF Binder to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be management, culture, senior leadership.