RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.2

Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was not difficult . it is just one on one interview with professor. it just went for 15 minutes. ther were no formal questions since I took the course under the same professor before an year. The main category of selection was based on who approaches the professor first.

Interview Questions

• did you take the coursework and what is your grade   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Interview

not that much systematic. apply and get in touch with a professor. Good GPA matters. Interview was not so formal. I had good grades in that class and got TA

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Interview

A panel of 5 people interviewed me for about an hour. Some tricky technical questions along with few behavioral questions. Active Directory, SCCM, Linux, Power Shell scripting, experience with GPO were main topics. Few questions involving MAC support. The interviewers were all senior system administrators and made sure that I was comfortable all through the interview process. Was a very positive experience.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked with the supervisor, he asked me a few questions about my qualifications and my previous experiences tutoring. Nothing technical, but mostly just questions to see if I would be able to work with students.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any tutoring experiences before?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. The professor asked me to enter the room after which he asked about my experience in networking. He gave a printout of the labs that has to be done in class and asked me whether I know about them. A few networking and trouble shooting questions were asked. He said the result right away.

Interview Questions

• List some trouble shooting techniques.   1 Answer

Senior Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in August 2016.

Interview

You have to already be qualified as a technician and spent at least 3 months in that role before you can apply. Once your application passing the initial look through, you will be called for an interview.

Interview Questions

• An example of dealing with a peer in a leadership role and balancing that relationship.   1 Answer

Data Analysis Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

About the past work experience. What is join, how to handle future queries. Tell me about yourself. How you handle the difficult situation. Difference between left join and right join . How you find the no of employees in a department.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Interview

In a few years, if there is global cut in funding in your specific
    research field, how do you deal with that?
    2. How does our school compare to other engineering schools? What can our
    school bring you if you come here?
    3. How do you motivate different types of students/people?
    4. In your teaching experience, what went well and what did not go well? Why?
    5. How do you contribute to a supportive and inclusive environment at our
    university

Interview Questions

• In a few years, if there is global cut in funding in your specific
      research field, how do you deal with that?
      2. How does our school compare to other engineering schools? What can our
      school bring you if you come here?
      3. How do you motivate different types of students/people?
      4. In your teaching experience, what went well and what did not go well? Why?
      5. How do you contribute to a supportive and inclusive environment at our
      university   Answer Question

Graduate Technical Assistantship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was short and precise. They had thoroughly read my resume prior to the interview and were totally prepared to ask what they were looking for. I was interviewed by a panel of 3 most skilled people in the CS department.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe one of the projects from your resume(Mostly it would shell/perl scripting project). So be prepared.
      2. Which platform you are most comfortable with(They use ubuntu and solaris) so be prepared to give reasonable answers
      3. Which IDE do you like and why?
      4. Which changes would you like to bring if you get selected for this job role? (you may say something like what technologies computer science department is lacking and how you will implement that?)   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Graduate Teaching Assitant position application process starts with approaching the graduate advisor to ask if any GTA positions are currently open at that time. If the appropriate position is open and if your skill sets match the job description, you will be called for an interview. The interview process is not so hard. However, a short talk with the people who are currently working as GTA would really help a lot.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to the professor if you are hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotition.