ROI Revolution Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ROI Revolution (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview process was a delightful experience...phone interview by a friendly staff member, then I had an in-office interview soon after. The employees who met with me were genuinely helpful and made my visit a smooth one. The office was vibrant and full of great energy! I took a computer test and met with 3 people for questions. Simple and Easy!

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ROI Revolution (Raleigh, NC) in June 2018.

Interview

I began with a phone interview with the recruiter, then I was invited to an onsite interview the following week with the recruiter and the Director of HR. The onsite interview lasted 30-45 minutes, then I was put in a room to take an 80 question assessment in a 60 minute time frame, a grammar test, and a typing test. All of these tests took ~1.5 hours. The 80 question assessment was rather difficult (what numbers come next in a sequence, what shape should follow the order, unscrambling words, analogies, etc.) Personally, being in HR, I don’t believe you can really evaluate someone as a perfect candidate from an assessment. I waited until the end of the week to hear back, and I was told they were moving forward with other candidates.

Words of advice:
    If you do not have a GPA from college over a 3.2 (even if you’ve been working after graduation for 5+ years), they will not consider you (they ask for an unofficial transcript to bring with you to your onsite interview).
    If you don’t do well at standardized tests, I wouldn’t bother applying.

Other than what I’ve mentioned above, the office was really cool, the atmosphere was energetic, and the people I met with were extremely nice. I just don’t agree with their lengthy interview process for a position that states “at least 1 year of experience.”

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your day?   1 Answer

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ROI Revolution (Raleigh, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    2. I was then contacted via email to come in for a tour and to take standardized tests. The test was comprised of 3 different parts with 1 being an 80 questions timed assessment that I had to complete in 60 minutes. There was also a typing and grammar test that were very easy.
    3. I was then contacted via email again for another 30 minute interview with my regular recruiter and the lead recruiter.
    4. About a week later, I was notified that they were moving forward with another candidate.

My recruiter was nice and prompt during the entire process. Overall, I think they are looking for non-diverse candidates that fit the culture of the company. If you are a minority, I would not suggest applying as the process is rather lengthy and time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped someone that you normally wouldn't run into?   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ROI Revolution (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the process took about 4 weeks.

A week after applying, I received an email to set up a phone interview that went really well. The next week, they brought me in for a tour of the Raleigh office. While I was there I completed a long multiple choice assessment that took over an hour and a short grammar assessment. I left and received an email a week later saying that they were pursing other candidates. Basically it felt like they didn't want to consider me further because I am not good at standardized tests. You have to have at least a 3.2 GPA in college to even be considered, and this is even with excellent campus organization activities, letters of recommendation, and years of experience.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ROI Revolution.

Interview

ROI Revolution came at the school's job fair. You have to finish a coding problem (given java code, write down the output) in 10 minutes. If you perform well, you will go to their office for some more tests (IQ test, typing test, personality test etc). After many tests, you have the chance talking with one guy about the intern, what they do in daytime etc.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect I/Q test, especially those "finding synonyms" questions.   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ROI Revolution (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Simple background resume questions, asked about skills and experience as well as simple behavior questions and knowledge of the company. Started with a simple phone screening interview did not make it past the next level which is a personality test as well as logic testing in the office.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Web Content Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ROI Revolution in June 2016.

Interview

It is a very thorough interview process which consists of multiple stages.
    Stage One: 30 minute phone interview with very typical sort of questions you'd expect.
    Stage Two: Assessments. An I.Q. Test (which is highly centred around your skills in analytics and pattern finding), a test in spelling and grammar, and two personality assessments.
    Stage Three: In person interview. Took about 30 minutes and everyone was extremely positive and friendly.
    Stage Four: Second in person interview. This took 15 minutes and was followed by an additional assessment which took about an hour. Despite feeling optimistic about how things went, I was ultimately turned down for the position in favour of another candidate.

Web Content Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ROI Revolution.

Interview

I applied and immediately was contacted for a phone "interview". I answered some questions about myself and why I was leaving my current company and position. As the call was wrapping I was told I was invited to tour the facility the following day and would be completing a few assessments. I hate companies that make you take logic or IQ tests, because I've never been a good test taker. I'm by no means stupid, I just have a hard time taking tests. Which is why I pursued a career in writing and not math or science.

Anyway I arrived at the building on time and took a tour with the recruiter. It was okay. Very millennial minded with the game room and free snacks. Cool. I was placed in an office to take the assessments which were horrid. Again I'm unsure why I need to know patterns and numbers to do a writing job. There were 80 questions with 60 minutes. I ran out of time and had to guess on the last 15 questions. I moved on to the grammar test which wasn't difficult and the typing test. I was told to send in my writing samples and the team would assess my style.

Two days later I received an email saying they would not be moving forward with me. I didn't think they would and I wasn't really upset as I don't believe you can assess someones skills for the job their applying for through an IQ test that nothing to do with the activities and duties they'd perform on the job. I was just annoyed that I was asked to bring in multiple documents with names of references as well as my college transcript. I've been out of school for 4 years, with steady positions, so what does my GPA have to do with my real life work experience?

At least the people were nice, but I'm not upset at all about being turned down. Just a waste of time and lots of paper.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ROI Revolution.

Interview

First I applied online, and very shortly after my application received an email setting up a phone interview. The phone interview went well, the recruiter sounded pretty uninterested in me so I definitely felt like I had to sell myself a little harder than usual. She asked questions like "what kinds of things would make you happy in your work environment?" and "what are some skills that you have that would be relevant to this position?" Even though she sounded like she was going to fall asleep, she scheduled me to come in for the dreaded assessments, which I had read about on here and was prepared for.

I studied for the assessments a little by doing practice SAT and online typing tests, but I don't feel like it helped. The assessment was full of stuff that required a lot of thinking to solve and they only gave me an hour to work on it - not enough time for me to really do my best and give each of the 80 questions the attention it deserved. The questions were mostly "which word is the odd one out," "what is the next number in the sequence," "what is the next pattern in the series," etc. After the test, I took a series of "personality" assessments and a copyediting test (seems like the CEO has a hard on for proper grammar, which is fine, but a little ridiculous).

The first personality test asked how I would be most likely and least likely to react in a situation. The problem was, for most of the questions, I would not have been least likely to react in any of the ways, or felt that I would have a different reaction in different situations, so I doubt that test could really have been that accurate. The other personality test had me rate 18 things from 1-18 with 1 being best and 18 being worst. On one side were things like "babies" and "total nuclear war" while the other side had phrases like "I wish I had never been born" and "The work I do is valuable."

After all that, I had the typing test, which went as expected. They let you retake it as many times as you want, but practice is still a good idea.

The woman who delivered my assessments told me I should hear back on a particular date, but that date came and went with no email. When I emailed the recruiter, I immediately got a boilerplate rejection in response. I wasn't surprised - there was probably something dumb on the personality test that they thought was problematic or it could be something as simple as the fact that I'm not a pretty girl who wears makeup like 99% of the people I encountered in the office that day. Who knows?

Interview Questions

• If Atlantic is 80, what is Pacific?
      If Open is 50, what is closed?
      Which does not belong: Kangaroo, Ant, Elephant, Snake, Centipede   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

I took some tests in person that were challenging, and didn't seem very relevant to the position. A few days later, I met with an HR person who read interview questions that could have been printed off the internet. I noticed a lack of diversity, and wondered if that had anything to do with why I wasn't offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What qualities are important to you in a company that you work for?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ROI Revolution.

Interview

There were a few different stages of interviews for ROI.

1. Phone interview with the recruiter, very relaxed, tell me about your experience type questions.
    2. Skype interview with the same recruiter (I was living in another state at the time, may be in person if you're local), did feel like we covered the same information as the phone interview. Along with this step I submitted a paper application and personality test.
    3. Next was an in person interview with potential managers and 2 HR reps. Very friendly, and fair questions. Really wanted to get to know you and how your experience matches the job, highly focused on making sure you understood the day to day of the role as well. You also complete 3 different tests during this interview session. One is a typing test, the other is grammar and the third is logic. Some of the logic questions are totally wonky, do your best and don't let it rattle you.
    4. Was contacted to come back in for "final steps" didn't quite know what this meant until I came in the office for the final offer letter!