RPR Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at RPR Partners

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RPR Partners (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The whole process seemed very unorganized. When I walked in the girl at the desk was very rude to the person on the phone and it was obvious that she didn't know if it was a client or not. I thought that it was a family member or someone filling in. I never thought a firm like this would have someone with that attitude at the front desk representing their company, but I was wrong as it turned out to be a long time employee.
    During the actual interview the people I saw seemed very stressed and nervous. They kept asking if I could deal with a difficult boss and definitely emphasized overtime would be a requirement, well past midnight on occassion and weekends. When one of the interviewers talked about the Directors I could tell that she was actually afraid of one of them. It was a very strange interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing and able to work over time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate after I first turned down the offer. It took multiple emails... however, I should not have accepted. My advice for anyone applying is to run. It takes a good solid 3 months before the bosses stop being on, "good behavior." You will witness them treating other employees badly and you will wonder why they keep such horrible employees and the one director will talk openly about his opinion of these employees. At first you will rationlize to yourself, if I do my job, that won't happen to me and the first time it does you will convince yourself that the lack of sleep and stress has made you oversensitive and that you are overreacting. You might even see a point in what he says when the boss starts to tear you down in his open office or on speakerphone so everyone can hear and you determine to try harder. But it will happen again. And again and again and again no matter how hard you try or how hard you work. Just run. It's like a frog in a pan of water put on to boil. The stress, lack of sleep, cruel comments, vague comments that are meant to make you feel insecure; they will all build up until you break. Some people cry in the office, some in their cars or at home. Even if you're a man, the exhaustion and stress will make you cry. I've seen it. Just run.

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RPR Partners (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I set up an appointment for the interview and met with two staff members for approximately 30 minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral. I did get the chance to ask questions at the end of the interview, but I didn't feel like I got a good sense for the firm's culture from the conversation. Some firms offer tours and/or post detailed information on their website, so applicants can learn about the firms prior to the interview. I would have liked to know more about RPR before or (during) the interview.

Interview Questions

• Some questions focused on how I would handle stress and time management.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RPR Partners.

Interview

The HR contact me though email first and scheduled an interview. There are two rounds of interview. first rounds you will be meeting with other experiences seniors and managers. You will be meeting with Partners on the second round assuming you pass the first round. They usually try to hire a lot people.