Rabobank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rabobank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.9

AML Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rabobank.

Interview

Began with basic Phone screening, then in person interview with 3 members of the department. Asked Basic STAR questions, critical thinking questions, personality review, Human Resource questions, back ground check and future commitment to the company. The interview took two sessions and received a call back immediately.

Interview Questions

• Critical Thinking - how to handle system outage with no available IT resources   1 Answer

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rabobank (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with the team and talked about the role. Everyone was very friendly and spoke about their experience with the company. They went into great detail about the role and asked me about my skills and abilities.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in Corporate Communications in the past?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rabobank (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Only had a phone interview with Rabobank
    Very good conversation, tied in everything on my resume and asked how it was all relevant to what I want to do in the future
    Did not get an offer but was told I was one of the few in the last stages of one
    No in-person interview, all online and through a contact from my university

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rabobank (Santa Maria, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I received a call on a Tuesday for an in-person interview on the following Friday. The interview was a three person panel. Two of the people on the panel explained their positions, the third and also the main interviewer did not explain his position in the company - even after being asked directly. There was a follow-up call for potentially a second interview. The caller asked, "can you come in for an interview?" and did not expand if it was a second interview or if it was an initial interview for another position I had applied for. I could not make either time because there was very short notice (the following day).

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with Chaos?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rabobank (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, easy interview. Seemed like they were almost unprepared for the interview. Asked very obscure questions. Interviewer was very serious about their job and wanted to make sure I was too. It was about 30 minutes and about 10 question and then i asked them several questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Senior Finance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rabobank (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview by phone, 3 live rounds with managers and senior managers, business case, HR test and in the end, a final background test. Important to note that Rabo, in general, does not give a formal offer (physical) to the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail previous experience with technical questions + lengthy interviews + business case with real problems of the bank   Answer Question

Data Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rabobank (Roseville, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Spoke with the CIO of Rabobank about the job over the phone. Interview discuss how to build a successful data warehouse. The office was impressive, new building furniture. Nice location. Work culture appeared to be "cautious" as many people appear nervous about telling the truth.

Interview was supposed to last one hour but the CIO could leave his iPhone long enough to discuss an one topic. much less evaluate skills. Our meeting was interrupted by others by several crisis.

Interview Questions

• How would you talk "up" to Senior Management   1 Answer
    • Can you build us a data warehouse yourself, with no help, no staff?   1 Answer

The CIO was rude and emotional. His attitude towards others was poor. Not the type of person I would report to. He talked more about his career than mine. He wanted a manager, but really he wanted a data warehouse developer/analyst/business intelligence/data modeler/architect. The pay was poor for the type of job. My assumption is that Rabobank believed that they could pick up cheap talent. Unfortunately every one they place in this position either is demoted or resigns.

Interview

There were two sessions. The first one was about to solve a task with a laptop with help from an instructor. The second one was an interview with three interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Questions about motivation and results of assessment tests.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rabobank (Utrecht (Netherlands)) in August 2017.

Interview

Received an email to invite me for an onsite interview. During that, they asked my introduction and preferred programming languages, and some details about previous projects. Finally, I didn't get the job.

Commodity Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rabobank (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2016.

Interview

Two interviews were conducted. One with the HR Manager and another with the Manager of TCF. Went into a lot of depth into my past work experiences, described my educational background.