Railcorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Railcorp Interview Questions

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Railcorp.

Interview

1. a recruitment agency called me
    2. interviewed by the agency - general questions
    3. interviewed by Ma**ndra staff - technical questions(IT basic knowledge)
    4. interviewed by RailCorp staff - specific technical questions(solution-based knowledge)

Interview Questions

• The position was for an engineer of a specific IT solution.
      They asked knowledge of the solution.   Answer Question

Business Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Railcorp (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online, got an email straight after to take online numerical and personality tests. They were fairly easy and simple. Then got a phone interview. It was very candid but still has a professional feeling to it somehow. Then got the group interview panel. Had to present a social media business solution the same day to them. A week later they conducted a one-on-one interview and then two weeks later I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• What were the problems you faced at University when you started? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Railcorp (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2012.

Interview

i had a phone interview cleared first.after that been to the assessment center ,all cleared there.
    and now group discussion and role play left.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non neogitable

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Railcorp in August 2011.

Interview

Stock standard application process. Next stage is SHL and psychometric testing. Assessment centre involved a simple written engineering aptitude test, writing a short engineering report and short talk to hr about why you want to work for Railcorp. No phone interviews. Whole thing took ages, from application to offer was almost 4 months.

Interview Questions

• Written test had a question about calculating how far down a slope a train would roll before stopping. As an electrical engineer, if I hadn't done HSC engineering studies before uni, I probably wouldn't have been able to answer it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Government job - transparency means salary non negotiable

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Railcorp in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was very pleasant and professional, the interviewer was a manager I could see myself working with. I noticed that when I left the interview, people in the team were able to see me & several were looking on in interest. Which is understandable but I felt a bit uncomfortable by this. I do know that the culture at this large public service organisation has been very problematic in the past. There was a sense of office politics already in those curious looks.

Interview Questions

• What problems have you encountered before in working as part of team?   Answer Question

Recruitment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Railcorp in May 2008.

Interview

Straight forward. Met manager and other representative of HR

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Railcorp (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2007.

Interview

- Written assessment (requires to address selection criteria for the role)
    - Phone interview (to understand whether the candidate could articulate and can comprehend English)
    - Online assessment (verbal, cognitive and numerical)
    - Meet and greet with managers (opportunities to meet the future managers and people from the organisation, use it to socialise with them)
    - Group and individual assessment (presentation, written, 1:1 case study and group case study)
    - Behavioural assessment
    - Informal meet and greet with executives

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with difficult employee? (case study)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is non negotiable