Rakuten Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rakuten Interview Questions

Interviews at Rakuten

2.7

Database Administrator (DBA) Interview

Interview

It was lovely. Very thorough. The interviewing team was prepared and clearly ready for this very deep process. I am hoping to hear good news but am thankful even going through the screening as I learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to mentor team members?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Submitted an entry sheet, then did a web test then a hirevue and then moved on to the interview process. Thought it was a fairly standard process. They put an emphasis on empowerment and being a self starter so be sure to emphasize that.

Lead QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rakuten (San Jose, CA) in October 2020.

Interview

There was an email screen and then a technical interview with one person, the hiring manager. The hiring manager was quite nice but it became clear that what they were looking for was not at all in line with my experience.

Interview Questions

• There was a simple coding test.   1 Answer
    • My one issue is that toward the end of the interview it became clear that my experience did not at all align with the position, and that was clear from my resume. I wished that had paid more attention to the screening process   1 Answer

Sr. QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Rakuten (San Mateo, CA) in October 2020.

Interview

This was a contract position, I was approached by a consultant.
    First round was coding plus multiple choice questions on hackerrank . Time duration 2 hrs. I would say it was too much for 120 min test duration.

Second round - Zoom interview with hiring manager.
    It seemed like the hiring manager did not have an idea about what to ask in the interview. He asked me about my experience, the reason for gaps in my carrier and told why dont you go back and join your previous employer! which was none of his business. He did not show a good attitude. I was not able to connect properly.

Interview Questions

• The test consisted of 19 questions including 5 coding and rest multiple choice questions on SQL, python, REST, DBMS.
      Coding questions were on string manipulation, multi-dimensional array, Hashmaps.   Answer Question

Entry Level Developer Interview

Interview

Apply online first, then received the online test about one week later. It gives you an hour to finish a single coding question. The question is not difficult, but need to take care of edge cases.

Interview Questions

• A coding question about array.   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rakuten (New York, NY) in July 2020.

Interview

Interview was scheduled on time on zoom and interviewer was not interested in any the answers just was doing for the sake of it, expecting textbook answers and not clear questions. If candidate not able to understand the question it could be asked in some other way rather than just saying ok.
    Some coding questions asked to write in editor and expecting exact same answer like coding on editor.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Rakuten.

Interview

The interview was very simple. They only want to know how much skills you had before. If you have availability to do all the duties, they will hire you.

Learning and Diversity Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten in April 2020.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews both of which were rescheduled last minute do to issues on their end. Standard questions and then ghosted, There no follow up, and never heard anything back.after the 2nd interview. Saw the position was re-posted two weeks after.

Cloud and Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rakuten (Boston, MA) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview process was in two phases, which lasted for 2 weeks. The first interview was a phone call interview with department director and final round was a panel interview with the department director, manager, and two team leads

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on experience mostly technical stuff. For example your experience with automation and cloud services.   1 Answer

Human Resources Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a wonderful experience with Rakuten! The recruiter, hiring manager and team created a welcoming experience. They were timely, transparent, had strong connections with one another and were flexible since I had to fly into the SLC office to interview. The role is focused on helping them resolve Workday issues and creating processes in place since their team has been running 100 miles per hour it seems like. A new person joining the team would add a lot of value! I had a competing offer so unfortunately was not able to move forward. However, I would welcome the opportunity to interview with them again.