Mission: Our goal: Empower the world through innovative Internet services. With more than 70 services and 12,000 employees worldwide, Rakuten is expanding globally with locations throughout Asia, Europe and the Americas.
I have been working at Rakuten full-time (Less than a year)
- Great and friendly crowd. Refreshing after already 10+ year in the Silicon Valley
- Great opportunity for the Rakuten USA to expand aggressively in the US
- Silo'ed business units focused on their own P&L without much regional collaboration
- Cultural misfit of Japan vs US (e.g., no work from home policy)
- Benefits and Perks are below average vs other companies
- Disparate offices make meeting and working logistics harder
Advice to Management
- Allow group companies to set its own policy
- But unify the companies in terms of product and services to expand aggressively
It takes about 30 minutes and the interviewers are very kind and nice.
The questions are mainly about my projects or behavior questions.
1. Why rakuten
2. Why Japan
3. project- related questions like mySQL/MongeDB