Rand Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rand Construction

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rand Construction (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview was conducted by various supervisors and would be peers in the Atlanta office.
    The first person to interview me was the office/operations director, followed up by a group of estimating peers. Then a project manager came in to tell me a bit about the projects and then the director returned with the COO of the company for some questions and conversation.

The interview was fairy straight forward with no challenging questions. The interviewers were very friendly and made for a comfortable, easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a bit about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why are you seeking employment? Wanting to leave current position?   Answer Question
    • Walk us through your background and experience.   Answer Question
    • Would you be comfortable performing these various roles/ task? Takeoffs, reading scope, interpreting drawings & details   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rand Construction.

Interview

Initial interview was very informal yet welcoming. Got a chance to tour the majority of the building to scope the gist of operations layout. Interviewer was very receptive and open about the companies expectations

Interview Questions

• Explain your background and how why you chose to seek an opportunity to work with Rand.   Answer Question

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rand Construction (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

first interview, very informal , very inqusitive, and a new prosepctive on the whole interviewing process. Being out of the game for a long period of time the online hints, proceedures, and schooling were very valueable in the process.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rand Construction (Alexandria, VA) in January 2007.

Interview

Found out about the job on craigslist and then was called the next day by the only person doing hr in the company. she interviewed me the following day (99 percent a personality test) for 30 minutes, i met with a few other senior project managers in the company, who asked me a few questions with little interest in my answers. and i received a job offer.

if you interview here, just look good, smile wide and swear you're a hard worker. if you like to drink, you'll love the culture.

Interview Questions

• what do you like about construction? why do you think you'd like it?   Answer Question
    • what questions do you have about rand?   1 Answer

Negotiation

very little negotiating available. at any level in this company.