Rand Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rand Technology

1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rand Technology (Irvine, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

The HR representative explained the interview process to me in our initial interview to best prepare my calendar. It was so helpful to know what I could expect given I was currently employed. Too many companies leave you waiting to hear back or do not share their interview process at all. I received follow up emails and interview invitations including details that were welcoming and respectful of my time.

My initial interview was professional, personable and gave me great insight to the growth of the company, the details of the position and priorities the CEO has put in place. My next (4) interviews, (1) phone, (1) Web Ex and (2) face to face, started on time, were professional, insightful and transparent. It was a pleasure to have all my questions answered. I knew exactly what was expected of the role and the earning potential.

Interview Questions

• Do I enjoy working as an inside sales person? ( I was working remote with my previous employer)   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rand Technology (Irvine, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Lengthy. If you expect to interview on Wednesday for a job on Friday, you will be disappointed. They do not hire people for the near term. They hire people for the next 10 yrs. From beginning to end, for a management position, I interviewed on 5 occasions spanning a total of 9 weeks. Some of this was due to conflicting schedules pushing things out a bit for both sides, but they are most definitely thorough before adding people to their mix. Culture is important and they insist on making sure people are a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Level of experience with various topics, such as: Industry, Components, hardware, Sales, Management, Customers, etc.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rand Technology (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Confrontational. It started with the usual background questions and then the hiring manager became almost beligerant and condescending. I felt like he may have been threatened by my knowledge and experience. The technical lead who participated was very nice and friended me on FB afterwards. The recruiter had told me that she had not been able to find a single candidate that the hiring manager liked and she wasn't sure what he was looking for that was eliminating so many candidates. It's probably a good thing since I would not want to work for someone like that.

Interview Questions

Rand Technology Response

Aug 28, 2019 – Human Resources

We are 99% certain this is for a different Rand or a different company. A very unfortunate experience for the candidate, but in 2017, Rand was not hiring for a Director role nor were we under an agreement with a recruiter. Additionally, we don't have a facility in Texas and have not ever worked with someone who interviewed on our behalf in Texas. Human Resources invites you to contact us for clarification.

Account Manager - Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rand Technology (Irvine, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The CEO will come in and WOW you with broker history and how Rand has evolved up until current times....she is a great sales person and spins Rand off as an excellent company and you will jump to work there! You will not report to her!

Interview Questions

• How soon do you expect to make commission? Trick question....at this company the usual time frame is 6 months but some (like myself) reach it sooner. If there is a natural disaster that affects the component industry it is possible to hit commission sooner...but don't count on it betore 6 months and it takes a good year to see continual commission opportunities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much....they have such a huge turnover they always have empty desks and THEY are desperate to fill those seats! They make an offer, often, on the first interview.

Rand Technology Response

Jul 25, 2019 – Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback. Our Leadership Team and CEO have made significant changes to ensure an optimal experience for our candidates. Rand has hired a Recruiter, established a more structured in-depth hiring process, revised compensation packages to remain competitive in the labor market and developed training plans to set every new employee up for success, including a training survey for continuous improvement.