RealManage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at RealManage

2.2

Community Association Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RealManage (Houston, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

Came in for a face to face interview with Leadership. Completed the online application, background check , competency exam, drug test and provided three professional references. The entire process took a few weeks but I was kept in touch with the entire time and was impressed with the follow up and the quick answers to all my questions.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were industry related and experience in handling pressure and examples providing excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Community Association Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RealManage (Denver, CO).

Interview

The process was fairly simple. Called in for an in-person interview to review resume. At the end of interview you are asked to complete a 60 question test in 12 minutes. Answer all the questions vs. leaving them blank. After, they ask for references, background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your customer service experience.   1 Answer

CAM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RealManage (Carrollton, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Great interview with thought provoking questions. Hiring process was quick. Interviewing manager was extremely nice and introduced me to several employees after the interview. Interview was approximately 1 hour including meeting with a second interviewer.

CAM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RealManage (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the branch manager and senior CAM, logic test which involved answering as many questions in 12 minutes (answer as many as you can, you will never finish), drug test.

Interview Questions

• There were questions showing similar shapes and it would ask you which was different.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good, salary negotiable

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RealManage (Carrollton, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Full disclosure: I decided not to complete the interview process so I can't give a review of the full process. I was also interviewing for a position with their subsidiary CiraConnect. I thought that the 2 companies were separate and that the bad reviews for RealManage might not apply to CiraConnect. I got a call from the HR Manager and spoke to him on the phone for maybe 15 minutes. He indicated that he had a large number of resumes and they were trying to screen people or weed them out. He said that he would give my information to the hiring manager so I thought that if I passed the screen, I would get a call for an interview or something. Instead, he asked me if I could come in for an interview and assessment. I agreed and scheduled the interview. I received a confirmation email of the time and date with the address but not who I was interviewing with. I emailed to find out who was conducting the interview and he told me that first I was doing a 12 minute aptitude test then a 40 minute accounting test and then an interview. Normally, I have no problem with testing for a job but it's usually done after the interview so I questioned that. I was hesitant to spend 52 minutes of my time testing for a job that I wasn't sure I even wanted because I wouldn't have actually met anyone yet or asked any questions! I was told that it is a screening method and if a candidate does poorly on the "screening", the interview portion is cancelled. I was gobsmacked! It's not that I've never taken a pre-screen test before but each time I have, it was in the comfort of my own home and it was used to pre-screen BEFORE the interview. After all, the point of a pre-screen or screening is to determine if you want to schedule the candidate for an interview. I mean, I resent accounting and aptitude tests on principle but I understand the logic behind using them to weed out candidates. In this instance, it made no sense at all. I also considered that I would be driving 60 miles round trip and the only reason I was doing so was to determine if I'd be interested in working there but I wouldn't know that until I'd potentially wasted almost an hour of my time by proving I could do the job my education and experience indicated I could do.

Long story short, I decided to cancel the interview. I knew I could pass the tests but if the hiring process is inconsiderate, then what was it going to be like to actually work for them? I was already reticent about the interview from reading the reviews of RealManage from both employees and clients but was thinking maybe the subsidiary was run like a separate entity with different management and culture. I was duly informed that CiraConnect is run by and like RealManage so I think it's safe to apply the poor reviews to both companies.

I want anyone considering interviewing with this company to know what they're getting themselves into so they will know whether or not it's worth the time investment. If you know that you don't test well but usually can explain that or win potential employers over with your wit and personality and proven experience and education, you won't get the chance in this process so you may be wasting your time and they don't mind letting you. This process is very inconsiderate to job candidates and they are NOT interested in changing it which also indicates they are close-minded and resistant to change or new ideas.

I know if you've been searching for a long time, it's tempting to put up with the demeaning and condescending behavior of potential employers in hopes of finding a job and if you're unemployed then it may be worth it for you to deal with it in order to find a job to pay the bills. But if you're like me and you're not desperate, not in dire straits and are looking for a job that's not just a paycheck then you owe it to yourself to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em and refuse to play ball with companies that don't see you as the top talent that you are and don't think of you as any more than a name on a resume. Also consider that companies post jobs with education and experience requirements that they think candidates need to have in order to do the job successfully. If you have both the education and experience and it's verifiable, why is a test necessary? It's insulting and condescending and companies that want to hire and retain top talent should get rid of it if they haven't already!

Interview Questions

• There was no actual phone interview and I cancelled the in-person interview.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RealManage in August 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by someone in HR for a phone interview. Once I finished the phone screen, I was asked to complete an assessment, which I did. I was told someone would follow up with me but I never heard anything back. I emailed two times over two weeks, then reached out to the manager of the department to get feedback, he never responded either. I then ended up finding another great opportunity but felt the need to let them know how unprofessional their lack of response was. I copied the a higher level individual on the email and got a response within an hour. It's a shame that it takes this to get a response from them. Extremely poor candidate experience, follow up and general respect for someone else's time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the different types of positions you've recruited for.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RealManage (Carrollton, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position by online job board (indeed.com). A recruiter saw my application and reached out to me within a few days to set up an interview with my would-be boss. The recruiter was very responsive, helpful, and sincere. When I arrived for my interview a few days later, the recruiter showed me around and introduced me to a few senior staff members before taking me to the interview room. He also told me the executive recruiting manager would be joining for my interview, so that took me by surprise.

I was co-interviewed by my would-be boss and the executive recruiter. They were very conversational and let me speak as much or as little as I wanted. The flow of the interview was quite comfortable and I didn't feel like I was ganged up on despite basically being impromptu co-interviewed. They went into a good amount of detail concerning my job duties which were mostly accurate. I have the ability to do more than they said I would, so it was actually a nice surprise. If anything they undersold the position.

After the interview was the rough part. I sent a thank you letter the following day. The recruiter stayed in touch with me and answered my questions when he could, but they kept pushing back the time they said they'd make a decision.

2 weeks after my interview I received what I thought was the job offer. The executive recruiter that interviewed me called me and told me the pay of the position and if I was interested in taking it. I said I was, which I thought meant he offered me the position, but that wasn't the case. They sent me some pre-hire paperwork that I filled out immediately and returned. Another 2 weeks went by before I heard from them again, and I was officially offered the position I thought I had already accepted. Apparently they were still waiting on the go-ahead from higher up to hire for the position, so that was a little worrisome. My first day was roughly another 3 weeks later.

All in all it was a good experience. It was a little slow, but every person along the way was very sincere and friendly, but not intimidating. I've been here almost 3 months so far and the position is better than I thought it would be, so all things considered it worked out great.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RealManage (Aurora, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

The application, background check and interview process was efficient, fair and thorough. I really felt that I was applying with a Professional, Integrity focused company. In this Industry, some other interviews seemed like anyone with a pulse and a license would do. RealManage interviews and hires proven professionals and those that have the ability to adapt to the ever changing environment of HOA management.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most difficult challenge with a Board that you were able to overcome?   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RealManage (Carrollton, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

OK process, but had to fill out a worksheet to see how competent I was.
    Had to wait to be let in for about 30 minutes.
    Never introduced properly.
    Training was terrible, no real training and the staff was unfriendly. Just didn't seemed professional.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to take back to back calls.   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RealManage in June 2016.

Interview

2 step process - the first interview was a 3 v 1 and the second was a round robin with the founder, president, ceo, and a market leader. It was a natural discussion where the resume led the questions covered.

Interview Questions

• Describe your method for understanding and solving problems.   1 Answer