RealManage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.1

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RealManage (Carrollton, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position by online job board (indeed.com). A recruiter saw my application and reached out to me within a few days to set up an interview with my would-be boss. The recruiter was very responsive, helpful, and sincere. When I arrived for my interview a few days later, the recruiter showed me around and introduced me to a few senior staff members before taking me to the interview room. He also told me the executive recruiting manager would be joining for my interview, so that took me by surprise.

I was co-interviewed by my would-be boss and the executive recruiter. They were very conversational and let me speak as much or as little as I wanted. The flow of the interview was quite comfortable and I didn't feel like I was ganged up on despite basically being impromptu co-interviewed. They went into a good amount of detail concerning my job duties which were mostly accurate. I have the ability to do more than they said I would, so it was actually a nice surprise. If anything they undersold the position.

After the interview was the rough part. I sent a thank you letter the following day. The recruiter stayed in touch with me and answered my questions when he could, but they kept pushing back the time they said they'd make a decision.

2 weeks after my interview I received what I thought was the job offer. The executive recruiter that interviewed me called me and told me the pay of the position and if I was interested in taking it. I said I was, which I thought meant he offered me the position, but that wasn't the case. They sent me some pre-hire paperwork that I filled out immediately and returned. Another 2 weeks went by before I heard from them again, and I was officially offered the position I thought I had already accepted. Apparently they were still waiting on the go-ahead from higher up to hire for the position, so that was a little worrisome. My first day was roughly another 3 weeks later.

All in all it was a good experience. It was a little slow, but every person along the way was very sincere and friendly, but not intimidating. I've been here almost 3 months so far and the position is better than I thought it would be, so all things considered it worked out great.

Community Association Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RealManage (Denver, CO).

Interview

The process was fairly simple. Called in for an in-person interview to review resume. At the end of interview you are asked to complete a 60 question test in 12 minutes. Answer all the questions vs. leaving them blank. After, they ask for references, background check and drug screening.

CAM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RealManage (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the branch manager and senior CAM, logic test which involved answering as many questions in 12 minutes (answer as many as you can, you will never finish), drug test.

Interview Questions

• There were questions showing similar shapes and it would ask you which was different.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good, salary negotiable

Financial Manager/Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RealManage (Carrollton, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I worked in the HOA/Condominium Management industry in the Dallas/Ft Worth area for nine years prior to contacting RealManage. The partners at my former workplace split. I was in a Director position and the resulting smaller companies could not afford my salary. They gave me a month's pay while I searched for a new position. Because of networking, I have good contacts within the Dallas area as well as knowledge of what companies were doing well. RealManage/CiraConnect was in my top three companies based on my knowledge of the industry and company reputation.

I sent my resume to a former colleague that worked at RealManage/CiraConnect. I Interviewed within a week. IQ Test and Accounting Test were expected and actually fun to complete. I appreciated that the company screened their candidates. I knew I would be in a leadership position as the company grew and I will not ask my reports to do something I am not willing to do.

I was sent an offer about 10 days after the testing and initial interview. I actually started 5 days before the offer date since there was periodic software training offered to which I was invited.

Senior Community Association Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RealManage (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was extensive yet easy. It required a one on one interview. Then I had a personality test and another times test. Overall, it was very easy to schedule and the interview was very informative to the position I was being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable starting a new market in the Raleigh area.   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RealManage (Carrollton, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

OK process, but had to fill out a worksheet to see how competent I was.
    Had to wait to be let in for about 30 minutes.
    Never introduced properly.
    Training was terrible, no real training and the staff was unfriendly. Just didn't seemed professional.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to take back to back calls.   1 Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RealManage (Carrollton, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Full disclosure: I decided not to complete the interview process so I can't give a review of the full process. I was also interviewing for a position with their subsidiary CiraConnect. I thought that the 2 companies were separate and that the bad reviews for RealManage might not apply to CiraConnect. I got a call from the HR Manager and spoke to him on the phone for maybe 15 minutes. He indicated that he had a large number of resumes and they were trying to screen people or weed them out. He said that he would give my information to the hiring manager so I thought that if I passed the screen, I would get a call for an interview or something. Instead, he asked me if I could come in for an interview and assessment. I agreed and scheduled the interview. I received a confirmation email of the time and date with the address but not who I was interviewing with. I emailed to find out who was conducting the interview and he told me that first I was doing a 12 minute aptitude test then a 40 minute accounting test and then an interview. Normally, I have no problem with testing for a job but it's usually done after the interview so I questioned that. I was hesitant to spend 52 minutes of my time testing for a job that I wasn't sure I even wanted because I wouldn't have actually met anyone yet or asked any questions! I was told that it is a screening method and if a candidate does poorly on the "screening", the interview portion is cancelled. I was gobsmacked! It's not that I've never taken a pre-screen test before but each time I have, it was in the comfort of my own home and it was used to pre-screen BEFORE the interview. After all, the point of a pre-screen or screening is to determine if you want to schedule the candidate for an interview. I mean, I resent accounting and aptitude tests on principle but I understand the logic behind using them to weed out candidates. In this instance, it made no sense at all. I also considered that I would be driving 60 miles round trip and the only reason I was doing so was to determine if I'd be interested in working there but I wouldn't know that until I'd potentially wasted almost an hour of my time by proving I could do the job my education and experience indicated I could do.

Long story short, I decided to cancel the interview. I knew I could pass the tests but if the hiring process is inconsiderate, then what was it going to be like to actually work for them? I was already reticent about the interview from reading the reviews of RealManage from both employees and clients but was thinking maybe the subsidiary was run like a separate entity with different management and culture. I was duly informed that CiraConnect is run by and like RealManage so I think it's safe to apply the poor reviews to both companies.

I want anyone considering interviewing with this company to know what they're getting themselves into so they will know whether or not it's worth the time investment. If you know that you don't test well but usually can explain that or win potential employers over with your wit and personality and proven experience and education, you won't get the chance in this process so you may be wasting your time and they don't mind letting you. This process is very inconsiderate to job candidates and they are NOT interested in changing it which also indicates they are close-minded and resistant to change or new ideas.

I know if you've been searching for a long time, it's tempting to put up with the demeaning and condescending behavior of potential employers in hopes of finding a job and if you're unemployed then it may be worth it for you to deal with it in order to find a job to pay the bills. But if you're like me and you're not desperate, not in dire straits and are looking for a job that's not just a paycheck then you owe it to yourself to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em and refuse to play ball with companies that don't see you as the top talent that you are and don't think of you as any more than a name on a resume. Also consider that companies post jobs with education and experience requirements that they think candidates need to have in order to do the job successfully. If you have both the education and experience and it's verifiable, why is a test necessary? It's insulting and condescending and companies that want to hire and retain top talent should get rid of it if they haven't already!

Interview Questions

• There was no actual phone interview and I cancelled the in-person interview.   Answer Question

CAM Interview

Interview

The interview process was fine. The normal questions, but it seemed like they were extremely eager to hire me, which should have been a red flag.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RealManage in April 2010.

Interview

applied online, interviewed in person, offer extended three weeks later