Redback Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Redback Networks Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2017

3.3

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a call from a campus job fair. Didn't hear back for several months and then was called for an onsite. Arrangements were smooth. Full day interview. Smart people, but only thing I found strange was that no one originally scheduled showed up - all were substitutes.

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Redback Networks (Reston, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Tough - need to interview with several execs and explain previous work experiences in detail.
    Each interview was over an hour and I needed to show proof of my education as well as attendance.

Interview Questions

• How I could improve company with sales and create new administrative policies to coordinate sales and engineers working together for customers.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Redback Networks in July 2010.

Interview

Was interviewed by 2 engineers.

Interview Questions

• In C, what is the significance of the keyword "volatile".   Answer Question
    • Asked to code the solution to a simple question on the white board.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Redback Networks in January 2008.

Interview

A fairly standard technical interview process. Spoke with several of the engineers that would be co-workers and with mid and senior level managers. Overall a good process. Technical questions ranged from basic technology to fairly advanced concepts regarding TCP/IP, routing, PPPoE, and carrier details as might be expected from an organization that makes and sells network gear to support DSL.