Reddy Ice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Reddy Ice

2.5

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mukilteo, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Mukilteo, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Poorly handled interview, In total, between the recruiter and the actual interview I filled out 3...yes 3 different applications. Finally one was acceptable to HR. They were all the same info in different orders.

Interview Questions

• How do you do an air brake test? What is customer service? (Funny they should ask that because the management does NOT provide customer service of any kind...no phone calls and no face to face!)   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

After asking questions about my experience, was asked if this is something I was interested in talking about more.

Pay was $20 for the position and about $8 less than I'm currently making.

Interview Questions

• Do you have ice machine experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you like being home nightly?   1 Answer

Market Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Summerville, SC) in July 2009.

Interview

I initially mailed my resume to Reddy Ice while searching for a job in 2009. Once they received it, I got a phone call from a manager. A few weeks later I spoke to another manager. Then I spoke to the Regional Sales Manager. About 1 month went by and I was finally interviewed over the phone by the VP of Sales. It was another month after that, that I received an offer.

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Norfolk, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Fair and to the point. CFO and Controller thought I was over qualified. However, I want a position that I do not have to work 60 to 80 hours a week. And weekends

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose to leave Reddy Ice? Numerous questions on honesty.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Dallas, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

There were several phone callas and emails - I drove up to Dallas from Austin for a one on one and group interview. Heard nothing back for MONTHS and then they called and asked if I was interested in an Oklahoma position? Already had another job.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phelps, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Phelps, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was extensive. It was a 2 month process from interview to offer. It was well worth the time interviewing for ReddyIce. If you are yourself during the interview process you will do well

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for this job   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with Angie Wallander and she was great! She is so sweet and asked great questions. I liked that they were questions about the job and to see if I was a good fit instead of the same old "Tell me about yourself", "Tell me your greatest strength and weakness", etc ... I worked with a recruiter and I felt like the communication between all 3 of us was very good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience with Recruiting.   Answer Question
    • How do you typically deal with hiring managers and building relationships with them?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early and was told my interview was 40 minutes later and asked "Why are you here now? You're not supposed to be here yet." Once it was verified I was onl time, then I was told they weren't ready for me and I'd have to wait.

This wasn't the receptionist as she was polite.

The person who entered the lobby wanting to know why I was there so early (I was on time.) didn't apologize for her error in the interivew time. She proceeded to take me into her office to interview, only giving a first name and not a title and she wasn't the person I was to interview with. She did state the hiring manager wanted to interview me first ", but she was "going to interview me first since she had me and the hiring manager could get the second half hour."

This individual took the entire interivew time and told me there would be no time left for the hiring manager to do more than say hello becuse she had a phone conference in five minutes.

I had less than five minutes with the hiring manager. The first person was hostile, combative, and rude, wanting to argue every response given to questions. I would never entertain a position with this company!

The process was labeled on this site as "difficult" only because I was either told "That's not possible." or "Why don't you give me a direct answer?" with every answered question. The interviewer lacked the broad background I have in recruitment and the diversity because every response was challenged.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle arriving to the office to find you have many things to do at one time and all must be done at the same time?   2 Answers

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online and attached a copy of my resume. I received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview. I did the phone interview with a recruiter that lasted about 30 minutes. The basic screening questions were asked and a few job related questions were asked that revealed by experience. About a week later I was asked to come to the corporate office an meet with the VP. I met with the VP in person for an interview that let's say went "not very well at all" (a very telling sign for me). A couple of days later, I received an email to inform me they had selected someone else who was a "better match" for the position.

Dock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Lakewood, WA).

Interview

Brief phone interview from ReddyIce HR with a good description of the duties and responsibilities. Afterwards an interview by the site manager. He disclosed everything at the interview as to prevent any surprises for me as the year progressed.