Reddy Ice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.5

Dock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Lakewood, WA).

Interview

Brief phone interview from ReddyIce HR with a good description of the duties and responsibilities. Afterwards an interview by the site manager. He disclosed everything at the interview as to prevent any surprises for me as the year progressed.

Dock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Landover, MD).

Interview

It was quick and stress free, the staff was very inviting and friendly. Warehouse was clean, they had a nice office setting also. Employees treat you like you've been there for years once you walk in the door.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I started out by filing out a paper application, and after that was complete I waited for the hiring manager patiently. He finally walks out and we go to his office along with two other guys. They start off by explaining the job responsibilities, and what I would be doing, and asked if I could handle it. We then started by discussing my past jobs, and qualifications, along with what I'm doing now. Overall this is one of the best, easiest interviews I ever had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting base pay.

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Norfolk, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Fair and to the point. CFO and Controller thought I was over qualified. However, I want a position that I do not have to work 60 to 80 hours a week. And weekends

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose to leave Reddy Ice? Numerous questions on honesty.   Answer Question

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mukilteo, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Mukilteo, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Poorly handled interview, In total, between the recruiter and the actual interview I filled out 3...yes 3 different applications. Finally one was acceptable to HR. They were all the same info in different orders.

Interview Questions

• How do you do an air brake test? What is customer service? (Funny they should ask that because the management does NOT provide customer service of any kind...no phone calls and no face to face!)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Went through a headhunter and the job interview went great. After more than a month I have yet to hear if I had obtained the position or not. The lack of response is frustrating regardless of the decision.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview with Market Manager and Regional VP, both will be face to face and most of the questions are tell me about a time that you had to have a crucial conversation or improvement plan. Also talk about how you manage people and the day to day issues that come up whether attendance or productivity

Interview Questions

• mainly discuss people and problem solving   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Interview

What process. Took a drug test and was hired. Interview might as well been from my 6 year old. Do not work for this company. They have no loyalty. Could care less about your family and well being. Do not work for them. Bill Corbin only cares about himself. This company sells ice. Ice sales hit high during summer and die during winter.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early and was told my interview was 40 minutes later and asked "Why are you here now? You're not supposed to be here yet." Once it was verified I was onl time, then I was told they weren't ready for me and I'd have to wait.

This wasn't the receptionist as she was polite.

The person who entered the lobby wanting to know why I was there so early (I was on time.) didn't apologize for her error in the interivew time. She proceeded to take me into her office to interview, only giving a first name and not a title and she wasn't the person I was to interview with. She did state the hiring manager wanted to interview me first ", but she was "going to interview me first since she had me and the hiring manager could get the second half hour."

This individual took the entire interivew time and told me there would be no time left for the hiring manager to do more than say hello becuse she had a phone conference in five minutes.

I had less than five minutes with the hiring manager. The first person was hostile, combative, and rude, wanting to argue every response given to questions. I would never entertain a position with this company!

The process was labeled on this site as "difficult" only because I was either told "That's not possible." or "Why don't you give me a direct answer?" with every answered question. The interviewer lacked the broad background I have in recruitment and the diversity because every response was challenged.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle arriving to the office to find you have many things to do at one time and all must be done at the same time?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reddy Ice (Yakima, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I then interviewed with the ops manager and then with the HR manager. Typical onsite tour etc etc. Was supposed to continue further in the process according to the ops manager at the time, but a few days later and some additional phone calls, the interview was done.